Live the Life
Director of Development – Northeast Florida Region
LOCATION: Jacksonville, Florida
Are you a seasoned Development professional who wants to make a real difference in the world? If so, join the premier Relationship and Marriage Education Nonprofit in the Southeast U.S. Our mission at Live the Life is to transform relationships by teaching people “how to” love well – so that they can have the type of marriage and relationships they have always wanted. The results of our work include happier and healthier marriages, stronger families, reduced county-wide divorce rates, and improved child well-being across a host of measures. We do this through the relationship skills-building workshops we deliver as well as by equipping local churches and agencies to conduct their own marriage and relationship programs and ministries. Live the Life is a 20-year-old statewide organization, headquartered in Tallahassee, with regional offices in Jacksonville, Bradenton, Panama City and Ft. Lauderdale.
The Northeast Florida Regional Director of Development will lead the fundraising efforts for Live the Life in the Jacksonville area. The director will place special emphasis on building a strong and sustainable fundraising program as a major component of the organization’s diversified funding model, which includes program income, philanthropic gifts and grants.
The position reports directly to the state President of Live the Life and with dotted line responsibility to the Regional Manager in the Jacksonville office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develop and execute a strategic fund development plan designed to broaden the funding base and increase financial support from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other sources
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and provide stewardship of current and prospective donors with focus on nurturing long-term relationships on behalf of the organization with major donors including individuals, corporations and foundations
- Collaborate and work with our program staff as “match makers” to engage program participants in development--because great programs help fundraising, and great fundraising helps programs
- Foster the organization’s commitment to a culture of philanthropy
- Build and work as key liaison to the Northeast Florida Regional Advisory Council
- Implement and maintain best practice processes for fundraising management, gift entry and acknowledgement
- Embrace and reflect the organization’s mission, vision and values at the office and while serving as a key ambassador in the community
- Increase the level of regional support in Northeast Florida from $150K to $300K per year within the next 18 months and to $1 million within the next 5 years
The ideal candidate will demonstrate most, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in fundraising with demonstrated accomplishment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CFRE certification preferred
- Capacity to design and implement a multi-faceted and diversified fundraising effort
- Proven track record of securing major gifts from individuals ($10k+)
- Demonstrated success in securing corporate and foundation grants
- Ability to identify and secure support from new constituencies, retain support from existing constituencies, and nurture long-term donor relationships
- Keen interest in building a proactive and sustainable fundraising program
- Familiarity with the Northeast Florida philanthropic community preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit with great initiative
- Comfortable working as the sole development professional in an office
- Genuine appreciation for Christian faith-based ministry
- Proficiency in The Raiser’s Edge is a plus, but not required
ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE: We are a fast paced and highly productive Christian non-profit organization grounded in a loving and supportive family atmosphere. The dress code is business casual with Denim Fridays.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Starting salary will be between $60,000 and $80,000, depending upon qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical, retirement, and dental; 3 weeks Paid Time Off per year; cell phone; travel expenses; Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) membership and professional development opportunities; and a front row seats to see lives transformed.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LIVE THE LIFE: LivetheLife.org
Hear three couples describe the impact that one of Live the Life’s programs (Adventures in Marriage) had on them: https://youtu.be/ZTjCOUSoCmo
Watch the board chair’s address to the 2018 annual conference of the National Association for Relationship and Marriage Education (NARME), including research on Live the Life’s direct impact on the 28% divorce rate decline (2015 – 2017) in Duval County: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Byslw7X16SSHyjzoAw06Vg3Np8j8G-V/view
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to DeAnn@PartnersWithNonnprofits.Org and please put “Live the Life, Director of Development” in the subject heading.