Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
Salary: $80,000 - $90,000 annually
Benefits: Hybrid work model of remote and in-person work, Competitive Salary, Kaiser, Delta & Vision Insurance, LT, ST and life insurance, IRA retirement plan, Vacation/Sick time/Personal Time, Potential for Bonus in addition to salary
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For 27 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves more than 2,700 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking, immigrants, and refugees. Focus Points is committed to:
- Family Support => Advancing family sustainability through classes and guidance, using a goal setting and strength-based approach.
- Community Resources => Connecting people to resources to advance health equity, financial stability, networks, and community.
- Education => Opening doors to success for children and adults by providing training and high-quality instruction.
- Economic Inclusion => Driving economic stability for communities, families, and individuals by teaching new job skills, advancing careers and co-creating businesses and social enterprises with community.
Position Summary: This position is critical for the stability, sustainability and growth of the organization. This position is responsible for overseeing and implementing all development and communication related activities, and is considered a generalist development position. This department has a solid foundation with clear processes and procedures and is primed to flourish in the next growth stage. This position will work with a highly skilled team of professionals, overseeing the Development & Communications Specialist, Database Specialist, Grant Contractor, and Event Contractor positions. The focus of this position will be to grow individual and corporate giving, while maintaining grant support.
- Responsible for managing philanthropic efforts for $2.5M goal
- Responsible for $1.8M in fundraising efforts (30% has already been raised)
- Oversee development annual plan with key metrics included
- Maintain processes and procedures for the development department
- Build relationships with and engage donors in the organization
- Schedule, prepare for, and attend donor meetings with individuals, corporate and foundations
- Manage 1 major fundraising event annually - Lotería (event contractor provided)
- Network on behalf of the organization
- Provide Board of Directors with clear directives to help with their fundraising efforts
- Supervise Database Specialist who manages Raisers Edge Database and FRCAforce
- Track notes for donor meetings and progress
- Provide monthly development reports for Executive Director, Leadership Team & Board of Directors
- Grow monthly giving program
- Supervise Development Manager who oversees grant contractor, processes, and deliverables
- Identify new prospective funders
- Enroll and attend workplace giving events
- Maintain a professional attitude and adhere to a high level of confidentiality towards staff, participants, and donors
- Ability to work in & grow a team and collaborative culture
- Meet 1-2 times a month with the other Leadership Team Members & Executive Director
- Maintain an understanding of Focus Points programs and the connections between funding & programs
- Other duties as assigned
Communications & Marketing (30%)
- Manage and oversee communications annual plan with key metrics included, in collaboration with Communications Specialist
- Provide Board of Directors with key messaging and opportunities to support community awareness
- Represent Focus Points within the community
- Work with Communications Specialist in developing communications strategies, goals & tactics
- Oversee centralized processes and procedures for communications and marketing
- Review and approve print and electronic marketing materials
- Direct annual report process and publication
- Work with PR contractor
- Other duties as assigned
Relationship Building & Interpersonal Skills: Build strategic relationships with funders and other external stakeholders to enroll donors into the mission and increase funding to organization. Ability to ask for funding in an enrolling and effective approach.
Strategic Thinking: Create annual fundraising plans to diversify and grow revenue streams and oversee development of annual communications plans to engage multiple internal and external stakeholders (participants, donors, etc.).
Communication: Oversee and execute messaging over a variety of communication platforms that provide clear representation of the organization, programs, and community to stakeholders. Ensure consistent and clear follow up to foster collaboration with internal staff and departments.
Organization & Prioritization: Coordinate and balance multiple projects, including key tasks and schedules, that lead to achievement of project outcomes and goals. Prioritize projects practically with the most significant ROI for development efforts.
Decision Making & Problem Solving: Process situations, projects, and challenges with a methodical and thoughtful approach to meet the changing needs and requirements of donors, supporters, participants, and wider general audience
Budgeting Skills: Create and manage budgets to closely monitor expenses, make thoughtful investments in infrastructure, and meet or exceed revenue goals.
Supervision: Provide supervision, coaching and support to direct reports to ensure high job performance, growth, and professional development opportunities so that all personnel perform to the best of their abilities.
Data Analysis: Gather and interpret data from throughout the organization to tell the story of Focus Points’ mission and impact and provide that information to various audiences in an accessible format.
Bilingual English/Spanish: Read, write and speak Spanish at basic level with other staff and participants so that staff members can be involved in organizational prioritization of linguistic justice and understand the unique qualities and needs of our community.
Diversity Statement: Personal or professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity and inclusion outcomes. Applicant must share a commitment to anti-racist work.
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Job will remain open until ideal candidate is found. Must submit both resume and cover letter to be considered for this job.
COVID-19 Precaution(s): (These are subject to current guidelines)
- In-person interview process; social distancing guidelines in place; masking, some virtual meetings; sanitizing procedures in place