Momentum Advisory Collective seeks an experienced Director of Development to drive ongoing fundraising initiatives and establish long-term financial sustainability for our young, fast-growing organization. The ideal candidate has strong connections throughout the country, a passion for juvenile justice and an entrepreneurial spirit, along with excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
The Director of Development reports to the Chief Development Officer and works closely alongside the marketing department. Responsibilities include //
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of all Momentum Advisory Collective programs and activities to communicate the organization’s mission, vision, and funding needs
- Identifying and securing new sources of revenue (individual donors, foundations, corporations, and other sources of program revenue)
- Developing and actively managing a donor portfolio
- Developing, writing and submitting grant proposals and reports for foundation funders
- Cultivating and recommending sponsors for special events
- Managing and maintaining all grant requirements
- Managing all donor data, processing checks, preparing donor acknowledgement letters and maintaining meticulous records for good donor stewardship and auditing purposes
- Preparing materials to support fundraising, including informational materials, gift proposals and agreements, contact reports and other documentation and working in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications department, as appropriate
- Working closely with CDO and Marketing department to create an ongoing email marketing strategy that’s designed to drive donations while building loyalty and advocacy of donors
- Analyzing donor data, identifying key patterns and learnings and applying such insights to maximize donor involvement
- Maintaining systems and software that support the department’s ability to maintain accurate records and efficient reporting capabilities
- Maintaining the organization’s positive brand image and reputation
- Representing the organization with external stakeholders such as government and elected officials, media, local business owners and executives, education leaders, community based organizations and others
- Applying a fundraising lens to all events and operations
- Bringing new, creative fundraising ideas to the table regularly
- Creating positive and meaningful connections in expansion communities on behalf of our organization
- Training and supporting CBO partners nationwide in developing effective fundraising strategies and operations, including all above listed items
Key Attributes, Experience, Knowledge & Skills //
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques, major gift solicitation, planned giving programs, mail solicitation and event management
- Experience with, and an understanding of, board governance
- Outstanding research and writing skills with an ability to write effectively and persuasively in the areas of policy, project management, program execution, fundraising, communications and strategic planning
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications and Google
- Familiarity with CRM and fundraising platforms
- A self-starter who has the ability to work both as a part of a remote team and independently
- An ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in written and oral forms– leveraging data, narrative and intrinsic passion to motivate, persuade and mobilize a diverse range of stakeholders
- Sense of humor and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working Environment //
This is a full-time position on a nationally distributed team with flexibility in location. As this role works across time zones, working hours may be outside of normal office hours. Employees may be required to work nights, holidays or weekends, and will be required to travel up to 35% of the time. On-site work may be conducted in detention facilities, restaurant environments, outdoor environments, in the community (homes, business, etc.), in street environments and with system-involved individuals. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Momentum Advisory Collective provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Salary & Benefits //
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Employer-paid healthcare plan
- Option to enroll in vision and dental insurance
- Employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance policy
- Paid holidays
- 18 days of PTO per year
- Discounted meals at Cafe Momentum when on-site in Dallas, Texas
- 403(b) retirement account
- Employer-paid computer for the duration of employment and $50/mo stipend towards internet bill
About Momentum Advisory Collective //
At Momentum Advisory Collective, we envision a country where the basic and socioemotional needs of our youth are met; a country that understands that when a child undergoes trauma, they need support, not incarceration; a country whose communities come together to support this vision. We believe that this can be a reality for young people nationwide.
We are building clear pathways out of incarceration so today’s most at-risk youth have access to resources, opportunity and trauma-informed support such that they and their future generations can thrive, not just survive.
Momentum Advisory Collective (M.A.C.) is a 501(c)3 organization that got its start with Cafe Momentum, a nonprofit restaurant and culinary training facility in Dallas, Texas, that has successfully reduced recidivism and increased employability with its programs.
M.A.C. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How To Apply
To Apply //
Please send a cover letter, resume, references and any other supporting information to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Director of Development”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Phone inquiries are not accepted. Following a review of resumes and/or applications, the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the selection process. Eligible applicants will be notified of the exact time and place of assessments and interview. Candidates will be interviewed to determine their relative knowledge, skills and ability in job related areas. Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a reference check and background check provided by Momentum Advisory Collective, though a criminal record does not preclude employment .
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Momentum Advisory Collective will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
The listed duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities.