Working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, the Director of Development will provide strategic leadership and successful execution of the organization’s fundraising strategy.
Overview: Green City Force (GCF) seeks an experienced professional with strong fundraising and relationship management skills, and a track record of excellence, and a desire to make an impact in building an inclusive green economy. Reporting to the Executive Director, the DoD will be a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker and doer who will own, in close partnership with the Executive Director, responsible for the organization’s fundraising and external communications functions, including, short term and long term fundraising strategies for one year and multi-year fundraising efforts from public, private, and fee-for-service revenue sources for a current budget of $4.5 million which is anticipated to grow in coming years. The DoD will manage and if successful, help to grow the development team currently comprised of a manager and associate, with support from the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, relationship-builder, and problem-solver with a commitment to racial, economic, and environmental justice and passion for resourcing the work, who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. GCF has garnered awards and recognition at every level, including the Mayor’s “Most Innovative Nonprofit in NYC”, for our holistic model centering young adults in NYCHA. This is an opportunity to join an organization with a proven track record, strong growth potential, and a positive organizational culture for personal growth and collective impact as a critical part of a high-energy team.
- Partner with Executive Director to lead development strategy, adoption and monitoring of annual fundraising plans, working with the Board Development Committee, Executive Leadership Team, and fundraising staff to secure annual and multi-year revenue targets.
- Oversee fundraising campaigns, events, and initiatives.
- Track revenue targets by type, and monitor results to drive performance, and identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Develop, monitor, analyze, systems for individual and institutional funding sources.
- Collaborate with program, finance, and operations staff to align on grant proposal outcomes and reporting.
- Supervise development and external communications staff.
- Manage the organization's website and social media platforms.
- Spearhead the implementation, operation, maintenance, and continued improvement of software platforms to support fundraising activities.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communication regarding fundraising with staff across the organization and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Engage stakeholders from across the organization in fundraising efforts focused on asset-based perspective lifting voices of Members, graduates, and GCF stakeholders to message the mission, vision, and values of GCF.
- Passion for GCF’s mission and commitment to racial, economic, environmental and social justice
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in fundraising, communications, and/or non-profit programming related to frontline communities, workforce training, environment, or national service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with HNWI preferred
- Proficiency in excel and spreadsheet design
- Salesforce experience preferred
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Green City Force (GCF) is an AmeriCorps program that engages young adults who reside in New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) communities in national service and work experiences related to the environment. In doing so, we prepare them for sustainable careers, while serving to make public housing communities more sustainable and healthier, creating the green city we want to see. Green City Force’s large-scale service initiatives reach thousands of residents while creating a platform for our members to grow and lead. Through Farms at NYCHA, GCF teams build urban farms, grow and distribute over 20K pounds of organic produce in six public housing communities across the City. Love Where You Live has reached tens of thousands with sustainability education in homes. Since 2016, we have been expanding our social enterprise to create employment pathways for GCF graduates into good jobs in the clean energy sector. GCF’s EmPower team, entirely graduate-staffed and led, won a State-wide excellence award in 2018 and GCF’s Illuminators are helping to retrofit NYCHA home by home. GCF graduates, who number over 500, are employed in leading companies in the green economy. To learn more, please visit http://greencityforce.org/
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter through TriNet. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We are looking to fill this position immediately.