Director of Development
Basic Health International, a nonprofit that works regionally and globally with the sole mission of eradicating cervical cancer, and with its headquarter in New York City and offices in Pittsburgh, PA and San Salvador, El Salvador, is seeking a Director of Development that is a passionate and motivated individual to serve as our Director of Development. This position will give the right candidate the opportunity to expand their portfolio of knowledge while allowing them to be creative with ideas that will generate growth for our organization and for themselves. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be able to have a profound impact on the growth of our organization, identify new ways to expand personal knowledge, and benefit many patients in the process. We prefer to have the person based in Pittsburgh, PA but will accept a remote employee if they meet our qualifications and can meet the key performance indicators for this role.
The Director of Development will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the planning, management, and execution of fundraising programs in order to provide our development strategy with the goal of sustainability. The director will also be in charge of developing relationships with individuals, corporations and all other potential funders on behalf of the organization and will communicate compelling stories about the organization, the people we serve and the importance of our mission. The Director of Development should be a proactive, loyal, hardworking, and action-oriented individual who is passionate, creative, and able to manage multiple responsibilities at once.
Our ideal candidate:
Bachelor’s degree required - preferred master’s degree
5 years development nonprofit experience
Demonstrated track record of creating and maintaining donor relations
Proven ability to inspire and engage a variety of donors
Adaptable to changing circumstances
Proactive, entrepreneurial, and a high sense of urgency
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Computer literacy, including MS Office; proficiency with donor databases, such as Network for Good
Areas of responsibility:
- Strategy and Leadership
- Coordinate with the established BHI strategic plan and plan fundraising and development activity around the plan.
- Develop and implement overall fundraising plan with goals, timelines, and targets for proposals, appeals, and campaigns
- Responsible for the maintenance of “Network for Good” management software.
- Engagement with donors
- Responsible for the identification and development of new donors while maintaining strong relationships with corporate, community, foundation and individual donors
- Must Create strategies and activities for donor identification in order to increase participation and contributions
- Must work with necessary team members pertaining to marketing and communication materials necessary for fundraising activities and donor relations
- Develop and refine the organization’s case for support
- Coordinate with established branding team
- Event Planning and Coordination
- Create and manage fundraising events
- Spearhead campaigns, events, and fundraising
- Plan and execute donor cultivation before, during, and after fundraising events
- Develop and manage a fundraising budget
- Develop and maintain grant tracking and reporting systems
- Ensure the organization maintains current and confidential records of donor gifts
- Board Relations
- Work directly with the Board of Directors and specific committees to develop strategies to initiate and meet fundraising goals
- Regularly update the Board of Directors with development reports and attend board meetings
- Provide planning and administrative support to the Board of Directors and specific committees
Salary is based on experience and track record and will be provided upon request. The position does include medical benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org