The Director of Development will be an integral part of the high performing fundraising and alumni engagement team embedded in the Raymond A. Mason School of Business. The primary focus of the role will be on a major gift portfolio of business school alumni and have a significant role in the Masters Business Administration (MBA) reunion giving program. The Mason School is one of the largest constituent areas on William & Mary’s campus and while the primary reporting relationship is with the business school, this team also benefits from the larger and more comprehensive University Advancement community.
The Director of Development is responsible for securing private support for assigned program(s). The incumbent will manage a major gift portfolio including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors to the Raymond A. Mason School. In addition, the Director of Development will manage the alumni volunteers, prepare proposals for prospects and donors, and work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Alumni Relations for engagement and partnership of our alumni.
• A bachelors degree with relevant experience or a combination of education and significant related experience
• Experience in fundraising with a well-developed vision and philosophy for fundraising in higher education setting or similar
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, including a commitment to both tactical and detailed fundraising planning
• The ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team setting while being highly autonomous and to travel as required
• Knowledge of and familiarity with the complexities of a college setting
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word
Graduate degree desired, MBA or accounting strongly preferred
• Experience in using Advance database or similar
• Significant experience in higher education development settings
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
How To Apply
For consideration a cover letter, resume, and application are required for the opportunity. Application review will begin on November 30, 2022. Any applications received after the review date will be considered as needed. Applications should be sent to https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/51235.