The person in this role will work with other corporate partners -- such as food and foodservices companies, retailers, restaurants and others – to understand their unique needs and develop Beyond Celiac programs and deliverables to help meet those needs while supporting the celiac community.This individual will work closely with key stakeholders, including company representatives, patients, staff, technology vendors, research partners, promotional and PR experts, scientific and medical advisors and other thought leaders and key staff.
The Director of Corporate Relations will use big picture, strategic thinking skills to understand and identify areas of opportunity and synergy based on patients’ needs, researchers’ needs and corporate stakeholders’ goals followed by a hands-on, process-driven approach to successfully execute strategy in close collaboration with diverse, cross-functional teams. The selected individual will chair a Celiac Disease Corporate working group based on a model which will optimize meaningful deliverables working in consort with all corporate members. As an example of communications deliverables, these goals and deliverables will be developed as an infographic to be posted on all corporate members websites to show their collective support to learn and achieve together.
The individual will use strong analytical skills to derive and analyze data insights and behavior outcomes from the Beyond Celiac online research community and other data sources that are relevant to maximizing the value of these corporate partnerships, increasing diagnosis and improving disease management and treatment options in partnership with clinicians, researchers, food and food service companies and the biopharmaceutical and diagnostics industries. Strong writing skills and attention to detail are required to help communicate and leverage these findings.
The candidate must be able to work productively and proactively, both independently and within a team, all in the context of a fast-paced,entrepreneurial environment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the development, implementation and general maintenance of the Beyond Celiac Corporate Membership program of pharmaceutical, biotech and diagnostic companies interested in celiac disease.
- Plan and execute meeting(s) of the Celiac Disease Corporate Working group with Corporate member companies, Beyond Celiac Staff, and others participating as appropriate. ( one live, three quarterly via conference call)
- Develop and maintain relationships with pharmaceutical, biotech and diagnostic companies interested in celiac disease. This will include identifying new companies interested in this space, maintaining relationships with existing companies, and keeping up-to-date on the celiac disease drug development pipeline.
- Work with the Director of Research and Patient Engagement and the Communications Department to identify clinical trial recruitment opportunities, prepare proposals, and execute clinical trial recruitment plans
- Develop and execute partnership strategies with food and food service companies, retailers, restaurant chains or other firms whose interests and attention could benefit the celiac community.
- Drive sustainable revenue to cover Corporate Membership activities and salaries
- Contribute insights, experiences and knowledge to the development of strategy and tactics related to the Beyond Celiac Corporate Membership and other business development, sponsorship and research investments.
- Stay up to date on celiac disease research and medical information in order to engage in evidence-based conversations, develop strategy and support development of projects, materials and tactics.
- Maintain current and build new relationships with subject matter experts and relevant influential persons and groups who are key stakeholders in corporations that can influence celiac health and the broader healthcare innovation fields.
- Work with the Director of Research and Patient Engagement, Medical and Scientific News Analyst and Communications team to continuously refine and improve research-focused education and content based on data metrics such as reach, open rates, click-through rates, engagement and knowledge and behavior change
- Work with the Communications team to develop marketing, communications and promotional strategies that will address the needs of corporate sponsors and partners and help build effective, long-term programs for the benefit of the celiac community.
- Supervise and manage other partners on projects with travel as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in public health, health communications, health science, healthcare research or related field
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical Patient Engagement and/or Advocacy
- Experience in business development
- Experience building corporate programs in partnership with the non-profit sector
- Strong technical communications skills and ability to synthesize and communicate research highlights
- Experience with clinical trial recruitment and patient engagement in drug development
- Experience generating and executing on novel ideas
- Experience or general familiarity with patient-reported data collection preferred
- Experience in corporate partnership preferred
- Ability to lead a team of corporate representatives in advancing important agendas
- Excellent project management, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills with ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Solid judgement skills
- Excellent writing, editing and organization skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with multiple types of organizations
- Proven ability to work independently
- Good computer skills ( Word, Excel, Power point)
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and innovative environment
How To Apply
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to Development@BeyondCeliac.org.