Boston Cjildren's Hospital is the number 1 children's hospital in the United States. We treat chilren from 160 counties across the globe and we are one of the formost research hospital in the world. We have been closely affiliated with Harvard Medical School since our inception.
Candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to NY, CT, MA, NH ME or RI
The Director of International Development, Principal & Major Gifts will develop complex cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure gifts at the $100,000+ level from a pool of international prospects and donors. The Director will work closely with faculty and hospital leadership to advandidagance priority initiatives across the hospital. Our team of talented fundraising professionals are passionate about our mission, are strong collaborators, can bring different kinds of expertise and can help us shape a bold, extraordinary future for kids and families everywhere.
This Director of International Development, Principal & Major Gifts will:
- Manage an international prospect pool of approximately 50-100 individuals capable of making gifts of $100,000 or more; cultivates, solicits, and closes numerous six and seven-figure gifts in a complex environment.
- Build and deepen productive relationships with donors and prospects, primarily focusing Latin America. International and occasional national travel is required.
- Manage and initiate all activity in alignment with moves management principles and institutional priorities.
- Develop creative stewardship and meaningful engagement plans, and persistently seek connections to new prospects to qualify interest and capacity, and to build pipeline.
- Under the direction of the AVP for Principal & Major Gifts, develop annual operating plan and achieve revenue, activity and pipeline goals.
- Build and nurture effective working relationships with senior management, department chiefs, clinicians, researchers, and volunteer leadership to identify funding needs, prepare the case for support, identify prospects and donors, solicit and steward principal and major gifts.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteer leaders to help identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors. Work in collaboration with volunteer leadership to host virtual and in-person donor events to help grow the international philanthropic community.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the Trust to assure that prospects are identified, researched, and engaged in the most effective way possible.
- Prepare letters, proposals, reports, acknowledgments, case materials, briefings, and donor correspondence, planning specific communication for each donor from various high-level leaders in the institution.
- Develop an understanding of the breadth of research, clinical, teaching, and community service programs of Children’s Hospital and its departments. Keeps Principal & Major Gifts team apprised of key updates/changes.
To qualify, you must have:
- BA degree plus a minimum 8 years of progressive experience in fundraising and/or development.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit and close six and seven-figure gifts in a complex environment.
- International experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written as well as verbal and interpersonal) and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong leadership, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task in a highly complex and changing environment.
- Must have a strong commitment to excellence and display a high level of responsiveness to both staff and donor issues.
- Position requires frequent overnight travel, (up to 40%) and the ability to work weekends as needed.
- Bi lingual skills are highly desireable.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
How To Apply
email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com