- Start Date: June 2022
- Location: Can be located in any PHE sites, preference for greater NYC or greater Boston. (All PHE staff are currently temporarily remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Salary Range: $90,000 to $100,000
- Hiring Manager: Evan Rahman, AVP, Individual Giving
Peer Health Exchange (PHE) is a national non-profit organization that creates education opportunities for peers to share the tools and resources young people need to make healthy decisions. Since 2003, we have trained more than 15,000 college students to deliver in-person health education to over 188,000 high school-aged young people in communities across the country. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we re-designed our in-person programming to be delivered virtually and partnered with high school students to understand their mental health needs. Following that collaboration, we launched our app selfsea.org for young people ages 13 – 18. In the past year, we’ve expanded from two in-person program models to five in-person and digital program offerings and we are continuing to grow! Our mission is critical, our team is diverse, and our work is vibrant. Check us out on TikTok (@peerhealthexchange)!
Learn more about our responsiveness and shift to digital in this article co-authored by our colleagues “Youths Know What They Need to Support Their Mental Health”!
About the role
As the Director, Development (Regional Director) you will cultivate new and existing major donors in New England to support PHE’s mission and vision, recruit and engage local board members, and serve as the spokesperson for PHE in the Northeast to increase our visibility throughout the community. You will report directly to the AVP, Individual Giving.
About the Development team
The development team raises PHE’s philanthropic support through individual engagement and foundation grants, stewarding the PHE donor community to best sustain our mission.
Here’s what you should know:
This is a full-time, salaried position. However, please note that all PHE staff are currently temporarily remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here’s what you will do as part of our team:
- Directly responsible for raising $500-$600K from individual donors
- Collaborate with two other Regional Directors on the Individual Giving team
- Manage pipeline of individual donors in full, from initial introduction to closing a gift.
- Sustain and grow existing relationships with stakeholders including Board members and individual donors
- Help build best in class engagement practices for individual donors and share best practices with other Regional Directors across
- Use PHE’s systems (salesforce) to track activity and analyze effectiveness of strategies in meeting goals
Local Advisory Board Management & Events
- Recruit local advisory board members, high priority national board and committee members
- Grow PHE’s network of support by growing the local advisory board, stewarding key introductions, and hosting events to build the individual giving
- Hold quarterly meetings to engage the local advisory board in PHE’s local programming and org- wide impact, build community, and support PHE’s fundraising
- Manage local events from small dinners to program panels to fundraising events
What you'll bring to the table:
- Demonstrate a strong passion for PHE’s mission to build healthier communities with young people; strong alignment with PHE’s core values of Health Equity, Commitment, Communication, Agency, and Impact
- Center youth inclusion, community partnership, and equity work visibly, broadly, in action in part through deep listening and hearing with a lens of inclusion
- 6-8 years’ of relevant, related experience (i.e. tracking fundraising data, development assistant, managing donor pipelines, working with board members etc.)
- 4 years’ experience serving as a fundraising professional directly responsible for raising funds as an individual fundraiser
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and use storytelling to engage new people
- Quarterly (or more) travel will be required for donor stewardship, staff retreats and events.
- Proven ability to deliver and thrive in a fast-paced, learning organization
- Ability to serve as a brand ambassador for the organization
- Experience managing a board or group of stakeholders
Who you are:
The role you may have right now
- Associate Director of Development
- Manager of Annual Giving
- Development Manager
- Senior Manager of Philanthropy
- Development Operations Manager
The work you may be doing now
- Connecting with donors
- Managing donor pipelines
- Working with board members
- Implementing fundraising campaigns
- Tracking/analyzing fundraising data
How To Apply
Your turn! We’d like to learn about you.
Please submit your resume and cover letter telling us why you are interested in our team and this role!
At Peer Health Exchange, we celebrate difference and are committed to providing equitable opportunities, addressing the effects of power and privilege. PHE is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, physical disability, veteran status or length of time spent unemployed. We want to empower people to change lives!
Note: Peer Health Exchange reserves the right to add additional duties, as needed. All Peer Health Exchange employees are encouraged to be flexible and responsive to changes in scope of duties.