We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Human Rights Campaign is on the move – to protect and defend the hard-won gains of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community – and to elect a pro-equality congress and White House. HRC represents a grassroots force of 3 million strong and together we will ensure a world where LGBTQ people have their basic equal rights. Period.
- We fight for our members every single day. In addition, it is our job to inspire and engage them to act and have an impact on the community.
- We don’t hire just anybody. Experience matters, and so does strong intuition. We work hard, move at lightning speed, and we want a diverse team who is motivated to come prepared for what lies ahead.
- We believe in who we are, whom we represent, and what we do. We are the real deal. Everyone has a reason for coming to work at HRC. What will your story be?
The Digital Membership Manager should be an experienced, creative, innovative thinker and digital campaign producer looking to be part of a dynamic team to implement compelling fundraising, advocacy and electoral campaigns that move the work of the organization forward. In particular, the Digital Membership Manager will work closely with the HRC Campaigns team to support their membership goals, GOTV and volunteer efforts as we head into the 2020 election and beyond.
This position will have a strong focus on executing program-related targeted communications, including managing audience selection and the segmentation process; setting up landing page and email templates in the eCRM system (Engaging Networks); drafting, editing, and proofing content; executing all related links and collateral; getting all appropriate approvals; and launching emails. The position will also oversee the quality and consistency of messaging in interactive campaigns that align with the organization’s messaging and will integrate all efforts in supporter advocacy and member recruitment with mobile and social components. The role will also be responsible for understanding and selecting data, as well as the interpretation, analysis and reporting. This position is a temporary, full-time position with benefits ending approximately March 31, 2021.
- Work closely with the campaigns and membership teams to implement digital political, advocacy, and fundraising strategies.
- Play an important role in the organization’s electoral efforts including membership recruitment, fundraising, event registration tools, GOTV and volunteer recruitment efforts via email, SMS, digital advertising and other innovative strategies.
- Ensure the successful execution of all national and local email launches including all related registration pages and collateral in Engaging Networks and through project management tools like Basecamp. From start-to-finish, lead the process of building and launching outgoing online communications (email, text, social media, relational/peer-to-peer app, etc.) and development of related online elements (RSVP forms, action pages, patch-thru call-in programs, etc.) including proper approvals.
- Track ongoing metrics and provide regular reports and analysis on campaign performance.
- Analyze data to gauge successful outcomes and implement improved strategies. Dynamically utilize testing and data to pitch improved strategies to HRC leadership in various departments.
- Act as project owner to design, implement, test and launch fundraising, advocacy and electoral campaign special priority projects for senior leadership and the campaigns team.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of both HRC’s program work and development operations—actively participating in all relevant meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with three to five years of online engagement, fundraising or political experience including campaign development and execution.
- Must have technical and analytical experience associated with a membership database and/or eCRM.
- Experience in Engaging Networks and other digital organizing tools like Mobilize America is a plus.
- Experience with data management and analysis.
- Solid editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines while handling multiple assignments.
- Strong desire to achieve program and professional growth.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills a must. Must be comfortable with managing, updating and analyzing data.
- Must be a creative problem solver with the ability to think outside the box to solve problems.
- Able to respond rapidly to changing priorities.
- Research skills and ability to identify the latest trends
- Ability to be collaborative and to work on many different objectives with many stakeholders
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Experience with HTML, HTML editors, and PowerPoint preferred and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
How To Apply
Please apply via the website with your resume and cover letter.