Hadassah the Women’s Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA), is looking for a Digital Editor for our Hadassah Magazine team. This is a unique opportunity to help transform the online presence of one of the largest-circulation Jewish media outlets. The Digital Editor will be responsible for managing the digital operation with the goal of driving audience development and engagement.
- Create and implement a social media strategy that expands the magazine’s reach on social networks and increases traffic to the magazine’s website.
- Write, edit and post original content.
- Create photo and video content for Hadassahmagazine.org and for social media platforms
- Produce and manage the magazine’s monthly e-newsletter and other digital projects.
- Work with the magazine’s senior editors to manage the magazine’s website and ensure that site content is up-to-date and engaging.
- Develop partnerships and cultivate relationships with other outlets with complementary goals.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 plus years of experience in digital journalism and social media
Knowledge and Abilities
- Comfort and experience with WordPress CMS
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms (F/T/IG/P and YouTube), SEO and analytics
- Highly motivated and team-oriented
- Stellar writing and editing skills
- Self-starter who is quick, efficient and capable of meeting tight deadlines required by digital work and makes it a priority to stay on top of the evolving digital landscape