The 5th Avenue Theatre is seeking a Digital Content Specialist to join the Marketing & Guest Services Department, which is also the umbrella for Communications and Sales. The person in this position will work closely with the Director of Marketing, Assistant Director of Marketing, and Senior Communications Manager to develop strategies and work plans to grow visibility for The 5th Avenue Theatre online and to create engaging messages that highlight the multitude of activities and conversations across diverse communities of followers. A successful candidate will be informed and enthusiastic about social media, storytelling, and finding ways to activate online audiences.
● Responsible for the creation, planning, and analysis of social media strategy and execution to increase brand awareness and overall engagement
● Attend select rehearsals, openings, special events, backstage activities, engagement & education events to capture content and oversee curation of creative (photos, video, etc.)
● Oversee content management and community engagement on all social media platforms
● Identify key metrics and report on analytics and insights weekly to monitor goals, recommend improvements and introduce new campaigns to improve metrics
● Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to amplify messages including season unveilings, corporate and community partnerships, promotions, activities, industry and artist announcements, etc.
● Manage in-house paid social media campaigns and provide recommendations on other digital campaigns as needed to help lift overall engagement and sales.
● Manage time and resources to achieve project deadlines and social media targets within a given budget.
● Proven experience in professional digital content and/or social media role; in arts and entertainment a plus.
● Digital Marketing/Marketing degree or certifications encouraged.
● Solid writing and communications skills.
● Photo and video editing experience.
● Highly organized and punctual.
● Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to synthesize information in a compelling manner
● Ability to create strong, productive relationships with a wide variety of people including staff, artists, media, producers.
● Professional adherence to confidentiality and discretion.
● Demonstrated passion for the arts and, ideally, musical theater.
● A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, references, and a sample of campaigns you feel speak to your work as related to this position to Becky Witmer, Interim Director of Marketing and Guest Services, at email@example.com, and cc Fabrizio Almeida, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include Digital Content Associate in the subject line.