Position: Digital Content Associate
Location: Washington, DC or New York, New York
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Reports to: Digital Director
Launched in 2019, Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group exposing corruption across all levels of government. Accountable.US seeks a Digital Content Associate to produce engaging content as part an aggressive digital program to support its work to root out corruption and malfeasance.
Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the Digital Content Associate will collaborate with communications and research professionals across several issue-based campaigns to produce engaging content for a variety of social media platforms, email, SMS, and the web.
The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though projects may include travel on occasion. Some weekend work may be required. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collaborate with communications and research professionals to produce digital content across several issue-based campaigns;
- Create engaging digital content across social media platforms, email, SMS, and the web, that advances the work of our issue-based campaigns;
- Help build digital campaigns that drive advocacy, marketing, and policy objectives, both online and offline;
- Monitor the conversation online related to the work of our issue-based campaigns, and identify effective engagement opportunities;
- Define relevant metrics and regularly compile and present data for reporting; and
- Stay up-to-date on the latest best practices and emerging trends in digital and social media.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum 3 years of digital marketing and CRM experience, including hands-on experience with SEO, SEM, social, mobile, display, web, email and database marketing efforts as well as technology platforms such as NGP, VAN, and WordPress for content distribution, email marketing/deliverability, and social media management;
- Minimum 3 years of digital campaign experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant marketing roles;
- Experience in digital engagement and advocacy-based list-building as well as paid acquisition;
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences in a digestible and engaging manner;
- Experience using analytics to inform decision-making;
- Graphic design, website development, and/or video editing skills are a plus; and
- Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently.
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Digital Content Associate” in the subject line.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.