Student Leadership Network supports young people growing up in diverse underserved communities to gain access to educational opportunities that help prepare them to lead successful lives. In 1996, Student Leadership Network (SL Network) opened the United States’ first all-girls public school in 30 years – The Young Women’s Leadership School of East Harlem. What started out with one school has grown to a network of 41 public schools, including 21 all-girls schools nationwide. Over the last 24 years, SL Network has impacted more than 50,000 students. SL Network supports three life-changing programs that empower youth from underserved communities to disrupt the cycle of poverty through education: The Young Women's Leadership Schools (TYWLS), CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), and Young Women's Leadership Network (YWLN).To learn more, visit www. studentleadershipnetwork.org .
The Development Operations Manager will report to the Managing Director of Development and collaborate with the development team, the marketing and communications team, the data team, and the finance team. The successful candidate is a strong project manager who will help the department to operationalize systems and processes to help frontline fundraisers to meet their goals. They must be highly organized, have strong analytical skills, superb written and oral communication skills, outstanding attention to detail, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, follow-up, and achieve results. A passion for expanding educational opportunities for students is essential.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
With support from the Managing Director of Development, maintain and improve administrative systems, database management, policies and procedures, and infrastructure to manage the day-to-day operations and financial functions of the department, with a focus on:
Gift Processing and Acknowledgments
- Manage all gift-entry (individual, event, corporate, foundation, matching, and campaign gifts) and acknowledgment processes, making recommendations for automation and data collection improvements where appropriate.
- Ensure SL Network donors can make gifts easily and be acknowledged quickly. Oversee all systems and collaboration with the finance team to ensure that development records are accurate and complete.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of gifts for reporting and auditing purposes (including monthly financial reconciling) in consultation with the Managing Director of Finance and Administration.
Database Management/Salesforce Administration
- Manage the use of Salesforce and serve as the superuser to capture, report, and analyze data, working across teams to ensure needs are met.
- Work to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Salesforce for the Development team.
- Collaborate with Development team members and the Marketing and Communications team to ensure they have updated information and language.
- Maintains dashboards and reporting mechanisms for institutional grant application renewals, reporting, and programming covered to be shared with the program and finance teams.
- Monitor and maintain the integrity of the department’s data in Salesforce and reconcile its communication and donation data transfer across other platforms used by the development and finance teams.
- Generate mailing and email lists by managing contact lists in Salesforce.
- Process all incoming gifts and pledges into Salesforce, ensuring proper gift coding and accurate and up-to-date donor information.
- Manage the build-out and execution of digital fundraising campaigns through Salesforce and Mobile Cause.
Team Coordination & General Support
- Serve as the development team’s key support person as well as the team’s resource for data, reports and systems.
- Provide timely, regular and accurate reports for Development and Leadership team meetings, Board meetings, forecasting, and measuring progress against annual fundraising goals.
- Provide data analysis and reporting to inform development strategy, understand donor behavior and track the success of the development team.
- Create and maintain tools to track and report progress towards individual and team development goals.
- Work with the department to define project scope and timelines, set team direction, and track project progress for fundraising-related communications and initiatives.
- Manage the department-wide calendar, which will capture department meetings, internal meetings, major external meetings, the team’s days out of the office, and deadlines.
- Plan the department meetings, including their scheduling, capturing and sharing notes with team members.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director of Development, coordinate bi-annual departmental retreat.
- Support the Managing Director of Development with calendar management and preparing for donor meetings.
- Collaborate with the Director of Individual Giving to create and implement appeals.
- Assist with prospect research using traditional donor research methods as well as iWave software, as needed by the team.
- Provide oversight and management for a seasonal intern(s)
- Detail-orientation with excellent organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
- 2+ years’ experience in a role that required nearly-daily Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database use a must; Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Customer service orientation toward high net worth donors, Board members, internal and external stakeholders, peers, and funders alike.
- Deadline-driven, superb multi-tasker and able to prioritize.
- High level of discretion and professional judgment.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive).
- Sharp analytical skills; can figure out the inputs that lead to desired outputs, figure out what’s missing, what’s superfluous, and how to do it better.
- (Internal) Great rapport across all SL Network departments, ability to build relationships and become the trusted go-to person for the department.
- Evidence of improving a system with measurable results.
- Curiosity, drive and savviness to leverage technology to build capacity, problem solve and maximize efficiency with the ability to provide technical training to others. Aptitude and motivation to become a database wizard.
- Superb multi-tasker who can manage multiple priorities and projects from concept to implementation while anticipating future deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and to thrive under pressure.
- Resourceful, results-oriented team player with a positive “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor.
- Interest in learning about the Development profession; flexible and adaptable, open to change, feedback, and improvement.
- Must be willing to share COVID-19 Vaccination Status
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
How To Apply
Please submit a complete online application, and upload a cover letter and resume via URL or via our website career page.