Are you an experienced fundraising professional or business system administrator who wants to improve the lives of more than 300,000 Alameda County residents? Are you excited about leading an enthusiastic Development Operations team in developing business systems and processes that create capacity to carry out bold missions and goals? Do you want to apply your superb database expertise and impeccable attention to detail to helping one of the Bay Area’s top non-profits — and a nationally recognized leader in hunger relief — achieve these goals? If so, Alameda County Community Food Bank could be looking for you as our next Development Operations Manager.
The Development Operations Manager is responsible for supporting department operations for the Development Department — including developing and implementing business systems, processes and technologies; overseeing data management, including timely gift processing and acknowledgments; managing financial reconciliation and reporting; and making strategy recommendations based on data.
This is a management position requiring strong leadership and supervisorial skills, analytical skills, database knowledge, project management, attention to detail, excellent customer service, independence and flexibility. Reporting to the Associate Director of Annual Fund, this position leads and directly supervises Development Operations and seasonal staff.
The 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving one in five Alameda County residents. Our organization’s success is built on bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking. Our bold new vision aims to provide 120 million meals annually through food distribution, government assistance enrollment and forceful legislative advocacy – while also looking beyond meals to examine and improve the impact of our efforts in our community. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 12 consecutive years, ranking us among the top one percent of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org .
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a nonprofit environment with a focus on development/fundraising.
- Extensive experience and proficiency with CRM systems, MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong leadership and supervisorial skills; capable of managing and mentoring staff with a broad range of responsibilities and skills; able to communicate expectations and establish priorities and accountability.
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated experience taking initiative and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; a good eye for editing and proofing.
- Outstanding customer service skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience providing training both one-on-one and in a class setting; comfort with public speaking.
- Ability to develop and manage positive relationships with Food Bank staff and community partners across various levels and functional areas.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; solution-oriented critical thinker.
- Ability to attend functions or participate in activities outside of normal work hours on occasion.
- Valid California driver’s license, insurable driving record, access to reliable transportation, and ability to attend planned and spontaneous off-site duties.
Personal Attributes and Values
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
- Positive attitude; proactively seek and incorporate feedback.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty.
- Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement.
- Innovative self-starter and problem solver with a bias towards action.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
The following physical activities are necessary in the performance of this job:
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to use a computer to accomplish the duties of the position, including writing and seeing.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and use computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to think strategically and to communicate expectations and establish priorities.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position. The starting salary for this position is $81,998 per year. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
- Medical: 100% for employees and 93% for dependents for Kaiser HMO. Buy-up options to Blue Shield HMO and PPO plans are available.
- Dental: 100% for employees and their dependents.
- Vision: Optional
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Optional
- Commuter Benefit Account: Optional
- Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance: 100% coverage
- 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
- Employee Assistance Program: 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals
How To Apply
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume and cover letter through our Careers page located at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/
Due to high volume from our open positions and our limited capacity, we are unable to accept phone inquiries at this time. Thank you for your interest!
ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.