We are pleased to announce the opening of our search for a Director of Membership & Development for the National Association of Evangelicals (NAE), the largest evangelical body in the United States. The NAE has served for over 75 years as an Influence for Good as we connect and represent evangelical Christians. Founded in 1942, the NAE represents more than 45,000 local churches from 40 different denominations and serves a constituency of millions. The NAE is seeking an energetic leader to cultivate and expand our membership and development work.
The NAE Director of Development & Membership is a full-time exempt professional position. The Director of Development & Membership works collaboratively with all NAE staff to fulfill our mission to honor God by connecting and representing evangelical Christians in the United States.
The Director of Development & Membership creates, implements and reports on the donor and member development efforts of the National Association of Evangelicals.
- Creates, implements and reports on the NAE development and membership program
- Serves as a primary point of contact for current and prospective donors and members
- Creates and manages donor and membership correspondence
- Uses association database and membership software to effectively manage relationships with donors and members
- Plans, develops and executes strategies to obtain private donations — identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gift prospects (individuals, churches, nonprofits, corporations and foundations)
- Implements systematic efforts to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade annual giving donors
- Provides stewardship in recognition of donor philanthropy
- Identifies and utilizes resources including volunteers, staff, board, publications and online tools to identify linkage, ability and interest of major gift prospects
- Creates and implements development events
- Creates and manages annual and special campaigns
- Creates and implements a strategy for outreach to non-denominational churches, organizations and leaders
- Manages Regional Ambassadors program
- Travels on behalf of the NAE
- Personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Agreement to and affirmation of the NAE Statement of Faith (available at NAE.net)
- Member of the National Association of Evangelicals
- Regular attendance at an evangelical church and familiarity with the evangelical community
- Minimum of three years of professional development experience
- Self starter and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team and flexibility to adjust to needs of a small office
- Capability and experience to fulfill responsibilities listed below
- The Director of Development & Membership reports to the Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
- The Director of Development & Membership coordinates with other NAE staff
How To Apply
The NAE is based in Washington, D.C., but remote work opportunities may be considered. Interested individuals should send a resume, cover letter and references to Search@NAE.net.