If you enjoy building strong relationships and can see yourself promoting an organization dedicated to serving others, this may be the job for you!
Rawhide’s Development Team has an opening for a Development Manager - Major Gifts. This role cultivates and secures major gifts from new and existing individuals, foundations, and corporations. The Development Manager must display exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
This role will work with a Development Team of 9 professionals, reporting directly to the Director of Development. Responsibilities include cultivating donors and sharing the Rawhide story through inspired writing and in-person meetings. This role will be promoting an organization with documented success in changing the lives of at-risk teenage boys for the last 50 years. The success stories are endless. Not only does a Rawhide youth have direct care workers and house parents helping him every day, he also has therapists and case managers helping him process his prior trauma to build him into a man who can positively impact those in his sphere of influence. The ideal candidate is not afraid of making “the ask” and thrives on making new connections in a professional setting.
The best candidate would be mission driven with excellent organizational skills and the ability to inspire and build strong relationships both internally and externally. The candidate would be self-reliant and independent yet also a team player who is highly collaborative. Attention to detail as well as strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Some travel as well as occasional evening and weekend work may be required. This position works first shift hours with 50-75% travel during working hours.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of development experience
- Major donor contact experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Public relations experience
- Grant writing experience
- Annual fund experience
- Raisers Edge database experience
- CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) designation
- Non-profit experience highly preferred
- Superior organizational skills
- A professional demeanor
- A commitment to the mission of Rawhide
Duties and Responsibilities
- Major Gifts: Identify potential donors and seeks to make a personal connection which could lead to a major gift in the future. Often, several meetings take place before making “the ask.” Seek to connect with individuals, foundations, corporations, etc. Plan special fundraising projects to solicit funds for. A single major gift may range from $10,000 to $500,000.Yearly giving goals for the development team constitutes $3.5M. Provide weekly reports for the Director to determine effectiveness of certain strategies.
- Fundraising Events: Assist with the implementation and planning of new fundraising events. Currently Rawhide has monthly fish fry’s from May to October, drawing 600-700 individuals per event.
- Community Events: Attend appropriate community events to build relationships in the Wisconsin public and private sector.
- Corporate: Oversee implementation of fundraising goals for corporate and foundation giving.
- Presentations: Direct the preparation and presentation of gift proposals and negotiate agreements for major gifts.
- Record Keeping: Develop and enhance record keeping practices for previous, current, and potential donors.
- Budget: Operate within the constraints of the budget established by the Director of Development.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Participate in staff committees as requested or necessary.
- Work cooperatively with the supervisors of other departments at Rawhide.
- Manage multiple priorities and implement strategies for complex situations.
How To Apply
Please apply through the following link. The application should only take 5 minutes to complete.