NFTE is looking for a motivated and collaborative professional with strong communication and organizational skills to join our Development team and help lead fundraising for the Bay Area. The Development Manager reports to the Vice President, Development and plays an important role on the organization’s national development team while working closely with the regional program team. The Development Manager is responsible for supporting, building and implementing the Bay Area annual fundraising program and, if appropriate, may also oversee select national and/or multi-regional donor relationships in support of the organization’s overall annual contributions revenue goals.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio including the Bay Area regional donor pipelines; ensure grant/gift deliverables are accomplished on time and in the highest quality manner supporting strong year over year donation renewals and potential upgrades.
- Maintain accurate regional pipeline using Raiser’s Edge CRM including deadlines, actions, notes, etc.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward contributions through well-planned, targeted strategies including research, pitch creation, proposal and appeal writing, meetings, and reporting.
- Develop and implement a regional donor acquisition plan to identify and pursue new corporate, individual and foundation contributions.
- Ensure proper and timely recognition of donors with ongoing stewardship and relevant programmatic engagement.
- Coordinate Bay Area Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge finals event including sponsorships, judges, keynote/panel, invitations, etc. in partnership with the events team.
- Support NFTE Bay Area Advisory Board in support of community-building, fundraising, and volunteer activities with support and partnership from the regional program team.
- Represent NFTE at regional and national events and programs.
- Be highly knowledgeable of NFTE’s goals, program model, culture, and key stakeholders.
How To Apply
Go to NFTE’s website Careers page. Please attach your resume along with a brief cover letter. In your cover letter please respond to the following three points:
- Your experience as it directly relates to the requirements listed in the job description.
- Why you want to work for NFTE.
- Your salary requirements/expectations.
Your cover letter is important. Candidates who express interest by following directions and providing the requested cover letter will be given priority.