Are you a development professional who is passionate about preventing gentrification in your community? Do you have an interest in affordable housing and empowering communities via resource allocation and economic development?
If so, we want to speak with you!
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct an immediate search for a Development Manager for our client, a highly reputable, Chicago, IL nonprofit dedicated to providing housing resources to low- and moderate-income communities. Our client has been active for over 50 years and has focused particularly on housing development and preservation, along with community development and empowerment.
Our client is seeking a Development Manager to lead the grant-writing and resource development efforts of the organization, including the launch of a new individual giving program. With a budget of over $20 million, the majority of our client’s revenue comes from rental income, project development fees and more. This role is responsible for the organization’s $400,000 in grant revenue, as well as exploration of potential new revenue opportunities. This role will:
Write and submit grant proposals, follow up on pending proposals and provide additional information as needed.
Create and submit update reports for current funders, coordinate site visits and draft update reports for the CEO and Board.
Directly support the Board of Directors Stewardship Committee via materials preparation, food and logistics, minute taking, and meeting follow up.
Skills and requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 or more years’ experience in writing and submitting grant proposals and grantor/funder update reports.
- Very strong writing, editing and creative skills and a history of developing engaging, winning grant proposals.
- Experience with individual or major giving campaign methods, including donor solicitation, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship.
- Experience with donor data management software (NeonCRM preferred).
- Ability to work independently and execute ideas into action.
- Ability to manage projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to regularly engage with other staff across departments to forward resource development on behalf of the organization.
- Work with a very large, well known and established local nonprofit!
- Competitive annual salary: $55,000-$60,000 (DOE)
- Robust benefits package including health benefits (medical, dental, vision), paid time off, paid holidays, and retirement options.
- Opportunity for growth!
- Work in a fast-paced, highly engaging work environment that values collaboration, hands on learning and creating impact!
- This is a full-time, 40-hour/week role.
- Typical hours are 9am-5pm.
- This role is located in NW Chicago.
About Our Firm
Scion Staffing is a top temporary staffing agency and executive search firm, connecting leading companies and organizations with impeccable talent. Through our innovative team-building and staffing solutions, we bridge the gap in temporary staffing, as well as contract-to-hire employment, contingent search and executive search. The Business Times has recognized us as a top staffing from 2010-2019, and our clients return to us for a variety of opportunities.
Scion Staffing is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.
How To Apply
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter and work/writing sample here: http://www.scionstaffing.com/jobportal/#/jobs/6481