Democracy Now! is seeking a talented and dynamic professional with experience in non-profit fundraising and a passion for Democracy Now!’s daily news program to fill a full-time Development Manager position in our Manhattan office.
The Development Manager will help to oversee key development functions, including gift processing, database management, the cultivation and stewardship of donors and the supervision of interns and volunteers. He/she/they will report to the Director of Development.
Democracy Now! is a non-profit news organization based in NYC. We produce a daily TV & radio news hour that is carried by over 1,500 stations worldwide. Tens of millions of people also tune in at democracynow.org and across our social media channels each year.
Everyone who works at Democracy Now! is committed to creating and distributing high quality independent news—it’s a great place to work.
- Manage the monthly sustainer donation program, employer matching gifts, automobile donations and in-kind donations, among other giving programs
- Work closely with the Director of Development on annual fundraising campaigns
- Assist with special events
- Assist in donor cultivation and stewardship
- Respond to detailed donor and audience inquiries by phone and email
- Assist with prospect research
- Oversee donation processing and gift acknowledgments
- Manage the donor database, from data entry standards to more complex data hygiene projects
- Run queries, generate and analyze fundraising reports, develop contact and prospect lists
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and reconciliation
- Train and supervise interns and provide oversight of Democracy Now!’s volunteer program
- Work with the Director of Development to develop and implement fundraising strategies
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with and commitment to the mission of Democracy Now! required
- 1-3 years of experience in non-profit fundraising
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience managing donor or constituent databases
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to communicate in a thoughtful, professional, diplomatic and enthusiastic manner
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and respond quickly to emerging opportunitie
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Volunteer and intern coordination and management experience preferred
- Experience with CiviCRM or similar databases and basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop a plus
This is a full-time New York City-based position with competitive compensation and a very generous benefits package.
Democracy Now! is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ-identified people are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
This position will be filled as soon as possible. The review of applications will be on a rolling basis starting February 17, 2020. To apply, submit the following online here. No phone calls.
- A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment
- The names and contact information for two references
- A cover letter that addresses the following points:
1. Why are you a good fit for this position?
2. How did you discover Democracy Now!?