The position fosters increased giving through an active annual fund initiative, a strengthened focus on donor research and prospecting, enhanced stewardship demonstrating the impact of a donation, and through personalized donor acknowledgement. As part of a team, supports success of new major advancement campaign. Collaborates with Development Director to ensure annual corporate grant and charitable donations are secured and stewarded.
Manage Individual Giving Programs
- Serve as primary point of contact for annual fund.
- Grow annual fund giving through direct appeals, dues, online giving, The Liver Meeting®, CFC, event fundraising, and through promotion of new donor recognition society.
- Manage annual fund individual giving, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to execute annual fund-related marketing, including two annual direct mail fundraising appeals and related follow-up communications.
- Coordinate annual appeals to Foundation Board of Trustees, AASLD Governing Board, Committees/SIGs and staff.
- Serve as primary prospect research, segmenting donors and building profiles of individual, foundation, and industry prospects.
- Maintain prospect briefs and history for existing / prospective individual donors of gifts over $1,000, maintain prospect lists, and manage cultivation/moves management function.
- Explore innovative programs and technologies to acquire and upgrade donors – Donor Society, monthly giving circle, peer-to-peer fundraising, mobile giving.
- Co-manage the Development Committee with Development Director.
Manage Corporate Giving/Grants/Sponsorship
- Manage stewardship activities related to industry and foundation donors.
- Assist with planning campaign-related industry and foundation solicitations.
- Serve as primary point of contact for corporate sponsorship and fulfillment, and as liaison to outsourced sales vendor.
- Maintain relationships with grant and marketing offices, prepare proposals for current industry supporters; research, cultivate, draft, and field proposals, grant / donation requests, and personal letters of request to new industry supporters.
Manage Stewardship and Recognition Programs
- Assist with execution of year-round stewardship / cultivation plan – quarterly conference calls / webinars / day of thanks / and ensure regular personal outreach is taking place.
- Work with Development Coordinator to establish a more personalized acknowledgement system that engages staff and member leaders.
- Develop Summer/Winter impact reports for industry and individual major donors and coordinate related outreach.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Communications staff to highlight Foundation in AASLD eNews, through a new digital newsletter, periodic impact emails, the annual report, and the Foundation’s video series.
- Work with Development Coordinator to ensure timely acknowledgement and receipting procedures for all donations, grants, and support.
- Provide input for Foundation Board of Trustees and AASLD Governing Board reports.
Education & Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience in fundraising, development, marketing, or related field.
- Association management / non-profit experience desirable.
- Proven record of success in managing annual giving programs; securing and stewarding individual, industry, and foundation grants/donations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals and fundraising communications.
- Familiarity with individual giving trends and multi-channel fundraising within the nonprofit sector.
Skills Needed in Position
- Intimate knowledge of prospect research, cultivation, and stewardship best practices
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- High-level of interpersonal skills demonstrated in interactions with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the organization.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; adept at working under tight deadlines and managing multiple projects simultaneously and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and perform work without direct supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with donor research tools and databases
- Computer skills to include MSOffice Suite – especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a team player and have a customer service attitude
How To Apply
To review the position description visit, https://www.aasld.org/about-aasld/aasld-careers. To apply, submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to email@example.com by February 28, 2018. Principals only.