Title: Development Lead
Reports to:Executive Director
Location: Remote - Home Office - (Required Northern California)
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 (DOE)
About WellKind & WellKind Guatemala
WellKind believes that the “future is well”. Wellkind provides leadership training and ecological and economic resources from a perspective that recognizes local leadership, systems thinking, and our inherent connection to nature. We look at the whole system, intentionally designing programs that work towards community resilience - helping communities build the capacity to meet their own needs. By fostering leadership within the unique context of each community, we seek to restore the web of relationships - to self, each other and the planet - that form the roots of a thriving planet.
Wellkind Guatemala is a grassroots initiative that supports the indigenous community of Tzununa, emphasizing self-sufficiency, economic empowerment, individual and community health, and environmental sustainability. Aside from struggling with deforestation and ecological degradation, it is also one of the most at-risk villages on the lake in terms of food and housing security.
In northern California we are launching several programs including the design and implementation of primary school gardens to be leveraged as learning labs and bridges to the community, connecting students and the local community to the Earth and increasing awareness of organic food production. We are also launching a resilient Forests program to address the direct causes of fires and biodiversity loss and to restore and protect forest lands.
Candidate Background Desired:
We are seeking an accomplished, responsible professional with a minimum of seven years of experience successfully raising funds from foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
Excellent people skills a must! Excellent writing skills a must!
Significant grant proposal writing and reporting experience essential! along with a track record of raising upwards of $250,000 annually.
The candidate must be comfortable with identifying and contacting new potential supporters and introducing them to our work, as well as developing ways to keep existing donors engaged.
The candidate must have exceptional time management skills and be able to work independently as well as being an adept team player and a great communicator.
`• Opportunity Cultivator | Identify and strategize best approaches to reach new funder audiences, including foundation, private donor, government, and corporate partners
Prospect Manager | Identification of aligned potential donors, tracking.managing
- Experience successfully applying for and receiving significant ($25,000 and up) private foundation grants, corporate grants and donations from individual donors as well as smaller grants/donations.
- Content Manager and Writer | Ensure that written materials are high quality & assist in crafting new, engaging content that communicates impact and inspires and aligns staff and funders
- Events-Experience with planning and hosting events for the purpose of generating relationships with potential and existing supporters.Other Qualifications:
• Persuasive, compelling communication skills, especially in written form;
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and act with limited resources;
- Excellent proactive communication skills with remote team;
• Experience with MS Office software suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) or similar applications.;
WellKind is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information. Applicants who will increase the diversity of WellKind are strongly encouraged to apply. Fluency in Spanish is welcome but not required.
- This position will work remotely in northern California
- Sitting and working on a computer and phone for long hours and attendance at virtual meetings via zoom.
- Job duties may require significant driving to different sites in Northern California to meet with foundations, corporations, donors, lead events and attend staff meetings.
To Apply-Please submit a cover letter detailing your specific non-profit fundraising experience and successes, and resume