The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to policies to reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 100 talented researchers and operations staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
ICCT is seeking a Development Fellow to help effectively manage our increasing funding portfolio of more than $20 million annually. This is a 12 month fellowship, based in our office in Washington, DC reporting to the Sr. Development Manager. The Development Fellow will collaborate with Development team members on fundraising and grants management activities. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for someone interested in working in the transportation, climate change, or global health sector.
- Organize internal and external development meetings with program staff and funders, take notes, and coordinate follow-ups.
- Support research on current or potential funders.
- Ensure information relating to funding opportunities and grants/contracts is up to date in various systems.
- Support the proposal development and grant reporting processes by preparing required documents/forms, assembling supplemental materials, and editing proposals and reports for clarity and grammar.
- Coordinate responses to funder requests for information.
- Collaborate with the finance team on grant payments and financial reports.
- Support on grants management, for example, coordinating subcontracts.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of transferrable experience from previous jobs, internships, or university activities.
- Proficiency in using technology to communicate effectively, organize information, and produce high-quality outputs.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and appropriate prioritization when handling issues and data from multiple sources.
- Great written and verbal communication.
- A positive, friendly attitude. You are someone who enjoys being around and working with other people.
- Interest in making a difference on climate change or other social and environmental issues.
This full-time, non-exempt position can be based in our Washington, D.C. or San Francisco office. The starting hourly rate is $25 (DC) or $27.50 (San Francisco), based upon education level and experience. We offer an excellent benefits package including health insurance, paid vacation and family leave, a 401k plan with generous 7% employer contribution, hybrid office/remote flexibilities, transportation subsidy, and other benefits.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and earliest available start date and resume