Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director supports and provides leadership and implementation for all functions of fundraising such as annual appeal, events, major gifts, planned giving, corporate giving and sponsorship, and special campaigns.
- Works in conjunction with Executive Director to develop, implement and monitor progress on a comprehensive fundraising plan. Supports the work and overall fund development goals of the Executive Director and Director of Finance and Grants
- Actively prospects and cultivates major gift donors. Manages a portfolio of individual, corporate, foundations, and planned donor prospects
- Develops cultivation and stewardship plans for current and potential donors, both individual and corporate, to facilitate connections and communication.
- Oversees planning and successful execution of fundraising events
- Works closely and collaborates with staff to understand, articulate, and solicit for fundraising needs and initiatives
- Will develop and oversee comprehensive major and planned giving, annual giving, and corporate giving programs
- Develops advancement services functions that support and enable the organization, including gift and data services, prospect research and analysis, donor acknowledgement and stewardship
- Oversees the administration of the Raiser’s Edge database. Institutes policies and procedures that help foster strong donor relationships and excellent stewardship. Develops reports and analysis that provide actionable insights, planning and strategy. Interface with Accounting to ensure reliable data and information that serves both accounting and donor stewardship needs
- Establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers. Responsible for grant research, writing, review and reporting. Work with Executive Director and Director of Finance to develop budgets to accompany grant proposals and submissions
- Travels regularly to meet with foundations, and major donors
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in development
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFRE a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Solid knowledge of donor database programs, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team, in a multi-task environment
- Have a passion for Native American issues, nonprofit organizations and specifically, Re-Member’s mission statement
Employee will work from home, with travel to Re-Member required at various times of the year for special fundraising events and networking with potential major donor prospects and foundations.
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
Cory True, Executive Director, Re-Member
P.O. Box 5054, Pine Ridge, South Dakota 57770