Jarrow Montessori School is a 501(c)(3), located in the north Boulder area. The school has been serving children for over 50 yrs from age18 months to 6th grade. Jarrow is looking to enhance its charitable giving program and to inspire philanthropy amongst its community. The Development position includes other administrative responsibilities equating to 30-40 hrs week.
The Director of Development will lead and manage all aspects of Jarrow’s development and fundraising programs and work collaboratively with Jarrow staff and parent volunteers. The Director will implement fundraising strategies and manage the annual fund, major gifts, corporate gift activities and events, including the spring gala, to ensure on-going programs of giving, donor cultivation and donor relations.
Skills and Qualities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to make persuasive appeals.
- High ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Professional and courteous.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively as a team member.
- Flexibility and openness to new ideas.
- Experience in fundraising events, annual fund, including strategy development and strategy execution,
- Experience with non-profits and basic familiarity with charitable giving tax law
- Experience cultivating and maintaining a strong donor base.
- Donor database management software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Grant writing experience a plus
- Capital campaign experience a plus
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and three relevant references to firstname.lastname@example.org