Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Development Director will provide leadership to the organization’s effort to obtain financial and other support to meet the goals and objectives, including responsibility for department administration and budget; responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing fundraising programs, including planned giving, special events, corporate and foundation relations, annual giving, and major donor gifts. The Development Director will also be responsible for building and growing a strong Development team that is able to work effectively and collaboratively to support program and initiative objectives and achieve the organizations short and long term objectives.
GOAL OF THIS POSITION:
- Develop and execute plan to raise annual fundraising target (FY18 target $1.5 Million).
- Grow the organization’s unrestricted funding by 10% in FY18.
- Provide consistent, targeted, high-quality communications to current and potential donors, funders, and other influencers, designed to grow base of support in a way that aligns with our overall organizational strategy.
- Oversee and guide a 5 person development team to meet the organization’s strategic development needs.
Individual/major donor work
- Ongoing development and implementation of The Health Trust annual giving program.
- Work with and coach CEO, board, and other key players to cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Grow community of donors/supporters through individual donor campaigns, direct mail and events.
- Manage the implementation of Raiser’s Edge Nxt along with Development Associate Admin to ensure the department maintains appropriate donor records to ensure proper stewardship and cultivation of donors.
- Build strategies for major donor prospects through Raiser’s Edge Nxt donor data analytics.
- Work with Donor Relations Manager to create and implement annual fundraising events, donor engagement events, employee giving campaign and corporate engagement strategies.
Institutional donors and grants
- Support the Grants Team in developing and implementing an annual grants strategy.
- Supervise and coach grant team and write and/or edit grant proposals as necessary, both government and foundation grants.
- Assist to establish and improve systems to guide grant processes between Program team and Grants team to reach overall grant funding targets.
Marketing/Communications related to fundraising/development:
- Coordinate with the Communications team to develop and implement Donor/Fundraising related Marketing plan
- Assist to craft fundraising and donor cultivation messaging.
- Manage all fundraising and donor cultivation campaigns with Communication team.
- Use analytics and data to report and advise Communications team on improving donor communications.
- Provide training coaching and management for all direct reports.
- Serve as a key member of the Leadership Team to help advise and guide the growth of The Health Trust strategic plan.
- Guide and build an internal culture of philanthropy.
- Formulate, communicate and implement Fund Development policies and procedures as appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public health, health care field, marketing, business management or other related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive fundraising experience with proven track record of also securing multiple-year foundation grant funding.
- Experience in a development position, including responsibility for annual fund campaigns; foundation, corporate, and government grants and special events.
- Experience in supervising and managing staff.
- Experience using computer software programs designed to monitor and report on grants, as well as donor tracking databases (Raiser’s Edge)
- Computer literate, knowledge of Google Applications (Gmail, Contacts, Calendar).
- Experience in business plan development and budget preparation.
- Experience working with board members.
- Experience in a broad range of fundraising activities including major gifts, grant preparation, special event planning, donor cultivation (corporate, foundation and personal) and corporate sponsorship.
- Strong sense of ethical conduct and personal adherence to the Association of Fundraising Professional’s Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice.
- Commitment to community service and demonstrate evidence of organizational skill, strong managerial leadership, and innovative approaches to problem solving.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
- Ability to develop short and long term goals and measurable objectives for the entire development department.
- Ability to direct and manage change, inspire teamwork and motivate staff to achieve goals.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, exercise good judgment with minimal supervision
- Ability to supervise and manage department staff.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from the Board, clients, staff and affiliates.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, and interpret facts.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal, writing and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of community resources and funding sources.
- Knowledge of Silicon Valley philanthropic community preferred.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences.
- Knowledge and experience to provide management, direction, and professional expertise to the overall operation.
- Local travel required.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must have car available for daily use, a valid California Driver's license and car insurance as required by the State
- Employment background screening required
How To Apply
TO APPLY FOR THIS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Go to http://bit.ly/2eLncn2
For ease in applying use the most current update of Google, Firefox or Safari web browsers.
BENEFITS: The Health Trust provides a highly competitive salary and benefits program. The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. The benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision care, company paid Life/ADD/LTD, a Section 125 plan, an employee assistance program, paid time off, holiday, birthday day off, wellness incentive program, an onsite fitness center, Transit plan and an attractive retirement plan that includes an employer contribution
Equal Opportunity Employer