The Development Coordinator will be accountable for development support, as well as management of internal fundraising events and programs.
- Plan and execute Kids For Wish Kids® and Wishmakers® On Campus fundraising programs in Wisconsin schools. Research and develop growth outreach strategies and prospect initiatives to grow participation and opportunities. Manage post event follow up and acknowledgement of gifts and follow a defined set of Standard Operating Procedures for the coordination and reporting of both Kids For Wish Kids and Wishmakers On Campus. Assist with budgeting for both programs. Collaborate with regional offices. Create budgets annually. Manage youth Peer to Peer fundraising.
- Oversee and grow Wish Alumni Program.
- Develop, manage and plan Wish-A-Thon and Milwaukee Walk for Wishes internal events, including, logistics, wish family integration, tracking, work with communications team, securing and organizing committee members (updates/agendas/lists), mailings/database, and organize staff members who support the events. Ensure representation from key sponsors (as donors, board, advisory, committee, wish families, and/or volunteers).
- Coordinate and implement Wish Night and Make-A-Wish Golf Outing silent and live auctions.
- Support YWOW (Young Wishmakers of Wisconsin young professionals group) efforts with leadership from Events Manager.
- Communicate with, and support, the Director of Volunteer Services as needed to ensure volunteer coverage for Wish-A-Thon, Walk for Wishes, Kids For Wish Kids, Wishmakers On Campus and office projects.
- Research, plan, develop goals and tactics, and implement and track: Mid-Level Donor Program, Lapsed Donors Program, 1st Time Donor Program, and Georgraphic Targeting of chapter territory companies.
- Facilitate the research, solicitation and management of all new internal events and national initiatives.
- Provide and support projects for the Development Interns.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- A commitment to and passion for the work of Make-A-Wish. Bachelor Degree required. Previous work with children and families desired. Volunteer or professional events or fundraising experience necessary.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel) and Raiser’s Edge/Sales Force experience desired.
- Self-motivated, creative problem-solving team player who is a detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision is essential.
- Public speaking experience required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to interact with diverse groups and work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented organization is essential. Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
How To Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements (required) to: email@example.com by November 30th. Subject line should read “Development Coordinator.” NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.