The Alliance Center’s mission is to demonstrate sustainability in action and mobilize change agents to accelerate solutions. We do this through our LEED platinum-certified building, event and collaborative working space. Located in downtown Denver, we focus on three specific solutions at the intersection of the climate crisis with the built environment, business and democracy.
The Alliance Center is committed to building an organization that celebrates diversity and embodies inclusivity. We encourage and desire applicants from all backgrounds, ethnicities and walks of life to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works daily to create an equitable and sustainable future? Do you value innovation, collaboration, and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented workplace? If you yearn to be part of something bigger, part of something that is making a measurable difference in the world, you may have found your dream job!
The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the organization’s development activities, leveraging technology and working closely with the Development Director to help the organization reach its fundraising goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Funder Program Support – 50 %: Coordinate outreach to major funders and prospects to ultimately increase engagement and monetary commitment to the organization. Includes data entry, tracking goals to actuals, call time planning, and funder research.
Grants Program Support – 30%: Ensure that reporting and proposal deadlines are met and grant proposals, reports, and letters are of the highest quality and are submitted in a timely and organized way. Includes data entry, tracking goals to actuals, call time planning, and funder research.
General Development Support – 20 %: Participate in events and organizational activities to further the growth and impact of the organization. Includes weekly gift processing, fundraising event support, working with colleagues to diversify donor audience, contributing to the overall fundraising strategy for the organization, supporting other organizational priorities as the need arises.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years of non-profit development experience highly preferred.
- Attention to detail. Everything you send out is accurate (right content, no misspellings, grammatical errors, etc.) and precise (reflects nuances, captures subtleties, etc.) and “fits” the situation (should have our “look and feel”).
- Interpersonal intelligence. You possess the ability to create and cultivate strong, genuine relationships with and generate respect and trust from colleagues.
- Problem solving orientation. You bring ideas to the table instead of just problems and are able to think quickly in the direction of solutions that will create immediate success as well as long-term gains.
- Efficient and hardworking. You have a demonstrated ability to maintain grace under pressure and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Passionate about a better world. You are devoted to finding solutions that are good for the economy, the environment and ALL communities. Basic knowledge of sustainability is a must. Passionate about equity and open to learning and exploring what this means with the team and our partners.
- Belief in the importance of sustainability and the integrated bottom line.
- Effective team worker and welcomes collaboration.
- Driven by results.
- Tenacious problem solver.
- Active listener.
- Exceptional level of authenticity and integrity.
The Alliance Center offers a flexible work schedule that can fit the applicant’s needs. Some evenings and weekends may be required to fulfill the duties of this position.
Benefits: This position qualifies for benefits, including health coverage, RTD Eco-Pass, matching retirement plan, generous paid holidays and paid time off.
How To Apply
How To Apply:
To see the full Job Description / Job posting please go to: Development Coordinator
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to: Rene@thehrshop.com with the subject Development Coordinator. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled but preference will be given to those applying on or before July 3rd 2020.