Spoons Across America is currently seeking a Development Associate that will provide critical support for fundraising activities, including foundation grants; event production; cause marketing; and the solicitation of large- and small-scale donations from corporate sponsors. The Development Associate will work directly with the Executive Director. A great opportunity to make a big impact at a fast-growing nonprofit organization. This is a full-time exempt position.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, responsible for securing new sources of revenue from foundations, corporations, and special events
- Research and cultivate new sources of corporate, foundation and individual support
- Write and submit letters of inquiry and proposals to foundations and corporations
- Maintain a system for tracking all development correspondence, reporting, donor records, and fundraising calendar
- Coordinate logistical details related to fundraising events including pre and post event tracking of sponsorships, tickets, donations, and silent and live auctions
- Provide support to the Executive Director (this may include: mailings, venue logistics, invitation design, research of prospective donors and corporate sponsors).
- Schedule and organize activities such as board and committee meetings including sending meeting notices, ordering food, keeping track of respondents, and follow up.
- Maintain correspondence, document files including financial reports relating to fundraising campaigns, and donor database
- Interact with the board, donors, event honorees and attendees, membership and the public.
- General office duties include organize and prioritize e-mails, and incoming and outgoing mail, as well as other clerical duties.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- On occasion, may have to work some evenings before and during special event campaigns
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding revenue goals at a growing nonprofit organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with individual and foundation giving a must; experience with corporate giving a plus.
- Demonstrated success in securing new foundation funding.
- Experience with fundraising for healthy eating organizations/causes a plus.
- Strategic in thinking and orientation, with demonstrated ability to develop detailed development plans, actively use those plans and meet set goals.
- Flexibility, and the skills to deal quickly with emergent issues.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google docs, as well as database management and usage.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solver, and strong collaborator.
- Experience with special event coordination
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to attend events, meetings, and programs outside of standard working hours
- Experience producing print and electronic communications; savvy in social media communications
- A willingness to perform administrative functions and provide support wherever needed
How To Apply
Send us your resumes, and a cover letter that explains why your professional experience is a good match for the Development Associate position and an example of your fundraising successes to Search@spoonsacrosamerica.org.