The Development Associate is primarily responsible for supporting the Development Director, the President and Executive Director, and other members of the Development team to execute the fund development plan, and meet and/or surpass fundraising goals while serving as an ambassador of the Isaacs Center, its program, and its values. The Development Associate manages all general inquiries to the development department, serves as the point person for planning and executing events, coordinates volunteers and interns, performs general research on foundations, corporations and individual funders; coordinates mailings, and provides support to all fund development activities as needed.
This position requires someone who is committed to the mission of the Isaacs Center, an intergenerational multi-service provider serving vulnerable New Yorkers in the communities of Yorkville and East Harlem. He/she must have superb customer service skills and be comfortable communicating and interacting with a wide variety of constituents: volunteers, board members, donors, and the Isaacs Center’s clients. The candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational abilities. He/she will be able to prioritize as well as multi-task, possess an aptitude for leadership and an entrepreneurial mindset in order to manage volunteers and successfully run events as well as support the daily development activities of his/her colleagues. Additionally, the candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point). He/she must be professional, present well, motivated, curious, and possess a desire to be part of a learning community. A bachelor's degree is required with three years of related experience. Experience with grant writing preferred.
- Provide high-quality, courteous, and prompt customer service for prospects, donors, and partners.
- Serve as the primary point person for interns and volunteers.
- Manage the production of all events and special meetings, including coordinating logistics, sending invitations, developing event timelines, and managing invitation lists.
- Support the donor data and grants manager in administering correspondence to individual donors, providing reports on development activities, and ensuring the donor database is up-to-date with notes from meetings and other communications
- Assist with various aspects of proposal development as required (e.g., organizing supporting documents, coordinating due dates and timelines, sending paperwork via express delivery).
- Support the president and executive director with the cultivation and stewardship of his major donor portfolio.
- Execute department administrative tasks.
How To Apply
The Isaacs Center offers benefits packages that include four weeks of paid vacation in the first year for full-time employees, sick leave, and health insurance. The Isaacs Center is committed to staff training and development.
The Isaacs Center is an equal opportunity employer. The agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, socio-economic status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, religion or creed, disability, or political or sexual orientation. Diversity is a fundamental strength of the Isaacs Center.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should email/fax their resume for consideration to Amy Ramirez, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.