The Development Associate provides administrative and logistical guidance to support the growth of fundraising efforts across the organization. This position will help in a variety of functions, taking ownership over a core set up activities, including foundation and corporate grants, internal campaigns, and fostering new affinity groups. This position will also provide support to other development activities, such as annual appeals, events, stewardship, and database management as needed.
- Identify, execute, and secure grants; manage grants calendar which will ensure timely proposals and reporting
- Monitor post-award compliance and execution of programming with secured grant funding; report back to organizations supplying the funding and ensure timelines are met
- Assist in developing appropriate materials to execute solicitation campaigns, primarily the Teams Campaign and Employee Giving
- Coordinate and create bimonthly donor newsletter
- Work closely with membership and program departments to identify natural affinity groups; foster communications and events that build community and engage them as donors
- Support content development, testimonials, and impact stories to be captured and shared via print and social media
- Explore and launch new opportunities for online fundraising growth
- Work with the Director of Development to assure the planned tasks outlined in the Development Plan are completed and on track
- Take an active role in the planning and execution of annual events (golf tournament, banner breakfasts, Gala, social events, Board parties, donor recognition events, annual meeting, etc.)
- Help Development Coordinator in data entry and administrative support as needed, particularly during high periods of annual campaign/event activity
- Use database to enter new prospect information and update records with contacts, information and other information as appropriate
- Develop and run reports on progress towards goals using membership database and excel
- Attend and contribute to weekly departmental meetings and monthly All Staff Meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least two years of related experience
- Demonstrated success and experience in fundraising and project management
- Advanced knowledge of computers and systems, including Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), current member management system (CCC), and comfort learning new technology
- Understanding of the nature and purpose of the YMCA and the respective roles of volunteers, donors and staff
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) are needed, including the ability to present in front of large groups, interact with and motivate donors, community leaders, and staff, and write compelling letters/proposals for support.
- An ability to work collaboratively within a complex and fast-paced team environment is critical.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people (staff and donors) from all social and economic segments of the community; track record of building authentic, constructive relationships with others
- Demonstrated history of analyzing data to draw conclusions
- Knowledge/clear understanding of fundraising techniques and strategies
- Strong project management skills; ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines in a cross-functional, team-based environment
- Must be available to work a varied schedule as business functions demand
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred
WHY WORK FOR THE YMCA?
The YMCA achieves its mission one person at a time. The greatest source of energy for the YMCA is our staff. Our staff contributes to the advancement of the YMCA's vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities. Guided daily by the core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility, our staff create an environment where everyone aspires to be their best.
Start your West Suburban YMCA career- apply today!
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.
The WSYMCA rewards dedicated employees by offering a competitive benefits package that includes paid vacation & holidays, group health with vision & drug prescription, dental & life insurance, paid retirement once vested, YMCA membership, access to child care services, tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities.
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to Sara Pollock DeMedeiros at email@example.com