Community-Word Project seeks a Full Time Development Assistant to support all administrative aspects of development and communications. The ideal candidate is interested in working with a team dedicated to improving the lives of young people in underserved communities of NYC through arts-integrated learning. Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis.
The Development Assistant plays a vital role in all fundraising and communications, including maintenance of donor database Salesforce; gift/donation processing; donor/Board of Directors correspondence; prospect research; special events.
Community-Word Project provides professional development opportunities for growth in the areas of development and communications.
This position reports to the Deputy Director for External Affairs.
· Update and maintain database records in Salesforce.
· Create and manage campaigns and donor reports in Salesforce.
· Process donations and draft acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
· Maintain foundation, corporate, government, and individual donor files.
· Liaise with NYC Council Members for site visits, funding proposals, organizational updates
· Conduct preliminary research on prospective sources of grant and sponsorship funding
· Assist with filing of government, foundation and corporate forms
· Coordinate fundraising mailings, including appeal letters, annual reports, and evaluation results and reports.
· Write blog posts, newsletters, mass mailings, and social media posts
· Maintain guest lists, invitations, registration for fundraising/cultivation events
· Assemble media kits and donor kits for events and meetings.
· Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director for External Affairs.
Experience and Knowledge
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 2 years administrative experience, preferably at not-for-profit organization
• Salesforce expertise preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and problem solving skills
· Experience or familiarity with website CMS, Mail Chimp, design skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and work independently with supervision
· Interest in or knowledge of arts education programming and/or NYC Department of Education
How To Apply
All applications must include a resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Please send all materials to Craig Hayes, Deputy Director of External Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience.
Rolling interviews begin immediately. Start date June 2017.
Community-Word Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Community-Word Project offers a comprehensive benefits package.