WestCoast Children’s Clinic is seeking someone committed to addressing child sex trafficking to join our team implementing the Commercial Sexual Exploitation Identification Tool (CSE-IT)nationally. The ideal candidate is seeking a role with room for professional growth and recognizes the importance of administrative and operational tasks to a project’s success. We are seeking someone who is just as comfortable learning new web-based software as they are naming the role of systemic oppression in creating vulnerability to exploitation. We encourage applicants with non-traditional work and educational backgrounds, including related lived experience, to apply.
The CSE-IT Project Coordinator will be a member of a cross-functional team that includes staff from WestCoast’s Policy, Research, and Training departments. As the first team member solely dedicated to the CSE-IT project, this role will be responsible for coordinating the core activities and systems of the project, including the project database and files. This role will also provide technical support on a new web-based software application used by external agencies to administer the CSE-IT screening tool. This role includes significant opportunity for professional growth, including the opportunity to assist with research, training, or policy projects related to the CSE-IT.
Project Coordination and Administration:
- Maintain working knowledge of the Commercial Sexual Exploitation Identification Tool (CSE-IT)project, including all versions of the screening tool, implementation guidance, partner organizations, training and technical assistance offerings, and research/data implications.
- Support Project Director with inreach and outreach activities, including responding to inquiries, managing email lists, identifying potential sites through internet research, and scheduling meetings.
- Support partner agencies to implement the CSE-IT under direction of the Project Director.
- Maintain site information in project database and DropBox, including required signed documents, up-to-date contact information, contracting and invoicing information, and training information.
- Support project workflows, including ensuring other departments have the information they need such as for monthly invoicing and training coordination.
- Assist with CSE-IT related projects as assigned, including research, training, and policy projects.
- Assist with assembling grant proposals and collecting grant reporting requirements as needed.
- Maintain close familiarity with all features of CSE-IT Online web application.
- Create and regularly update web app training documents and videos.
- Create agency instances and admin logins for new CSE-IT sites.
- Provide technical support to CSE-IT sites.
- With project director, assess need for further feature development and work with software developer to prioritize and develop new features.
- Quickly identify and remedy system-wide issues, including during reasonable non-work hours (This is expected to be a rare occurrence).
- Maintain working familiarity with hosting service and data privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with course work in human trafficking, gender studies, race/ethnic studies, human services, social work, public health, psychology, research methods, or non-profit administration preferred, or other relevant educational background. Some graduate work a plus.
- 2 years of experience coordinating or providing administrative support to projects or organizations with multiple external partners, or other relevant experience.
- Some experience providing technical support to stakeholders on using web-based tools preferred.
Competencies (skills, knowledge, and abilities):
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity including but not limited to race and ethnicity, cultural and religious background, immigration status, language, sexual orientation, gender and gender expression, and socioeconomic status.
- Understanding of systems of oppression and their impact on children and youths’ experiences and opportunities.
- No special software or coding experience or knowledge required, but the ideal candidate has the ability to quickly learn new web-based software applications and teach others how to use them.
- Skill in efficiently running routine processes while maintaining attention to important details. Can keep multiple balls in the air and ensure all administrative tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Comfortable working as a member of a multi-functional team to collaboratively accomplish project goals.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, including ability to adapt communication style as needed.
- Problem-solving mindset.
- Feels as comfortable communicating with a CEO as an administrative assistant to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to facilitate meetings.
Position Details and Compensation: This a part-time, temporary hourly position. 65 FTE (25-35 hours/week), July 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022 with the potential to extend. Hourly rate is $24-$26.25/hourly. Currently remote with expected return to the office at a date to be determined. Competitive benefits and compensation package, 403b and performance-based compensation plans.
Why work here?
-Be part of a compassionate, driven team that is social justice-focused: We have Staff Affinity Groups such as Staff of Color, LGBTQ+, Equity and Inclusion, Health and Wellness, and more!
-Make a difference for the Bay Area’s most vulnerable populations: We serve hundreds of vulnerable kids and their families each year to create positive changes in their lives!
-Access a growth-oriented learning community: As a Joint Commission Accredited agency, we are dedicated to providing the highest standard of care, and offer extensive clinical trainings and seminars led by field experts.
We also offer:
- Annual incentive compensation and retirement plan contribution
- 100% Employer paid medical (base plan, Kaiser HMO), dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term disability coverage for full-time employees
- Variety of medical plan options including a variety of carriers and types of plans
- 403b retirement plan with ROTH and 403b contribution options
- Flex-spending options - Medical, Dependent Care and Commuter Plans
- 20 days paid time off per year (equivalent to 4 weeks), 11 Paid Holidays, plus Self-Care Leave (additional PTO accrual with increased years of service)
WCC is passionate about leading and encouraging open conversations around race, gender, power, and privilege, and how these impact community mental health. Our staff affinity groups include Staff of Color Council, LGBTQ Staff Group, White Accountability Group, and Equity and Inclusion Council.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diminishing the influence of privilege and discrimination in our field and our workplace, whether due to differences concerning age, citizenship, color, disability, marital or parental status, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to: HR@westcoastcc.org