The Human Rights Foundation (HRF) is seeking highly-qualified applicants for the position of Creative Associate.
Overview of the Human Rights Foundation
HRF is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that promotes and protects human rights globally, with a focus on closed societies and authoritarian regimes. We focus on over 90 countries where individual freedoms and liberties are most at risk, and where democracies are non-existent or fraudulent. Our work includes effective campaigns to free political prisoners, international events such as the Oslo Freedom Forum, the education of U.S. students on the value and fragility of individual rights and democracy, and programs such as Flash Drives for Freedom that publicize human rights violators and directly support dissidents and human rights defenders at risk.
Overview of the position
The Creative Associate will work closely with the Creative Director to develop design concepts and execute the ideas for marketing materials, campaigns, and projects.
- Develop and deliver projects identified with or by the Creative Director
- Help conceptualize and design visual materials (infographics, website images, reports, newsletter templates, promotional materials, invitations) for use in electronic and print media
- Assist in production of content on HRF.org, including inputting copy, selecting or creating imagery, coordinating design assets, and updating pages
- Steward HRF’s brand strategy in collaboration with the Communications team and document best practices and update branding guidelines as needed
- Maintain a cohesive visual identity and implement branding guidelines
- Develop creative content (e.g. graphics, cartoons, videos) spontaneously or as directed
- Act as quality control by reviewing and editing team’s products
- An understanding of and affinity for HRF’s mission
- Self-motivated team player with a high sense of urgency and ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Graphic design and image editing skills, including proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience shooting and working within video a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail when working under deadlines with multiple and shifting priorities
Salary and Benefits
HRF offers a competitive salary and benefits package including fully covered medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
How To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and link to your portfolio, using “Creative Associate - Application” as the subject line.