Come put your grant writing and institutional relations skills to work at this thriving social services organization, ending homelessness for families in South King County.
Vine Maple Place (VMP) is looking for a committed, savvy institutional fundraising professional to fill the newly created position of Corporate & Foundations Relations Director, joining our devoted team and advancing our mission to end homelessness in South King County. This fast-growing organization was launched in 2000 through the faith community in Maple Valley and has grown exponentially, serving over 950 families per year with its client-focused, integrated approach. Building on a solid fundraising track record, including exceeding $1.2 million in grant funding from over 40 granting organizations, VMP has prioritized investing in their in-house capacity to develop their corporate and foundation relationships through grant writing, and boldly grow the resources necessary to expand its reach and proven services to hundreds more families experiencing homelessness.
This position will report directly to the Executive Director (ED) and will partner with a team of development professionals and programming leads to reach new funders, steward existing relationships, and secure grant funds for a compelling vision, leveraging powerful narratives and a trove of outcome-based signature data & metrics. The successful candidate will bring proven strengths in teamwork and relationship building, strong project management and attention to detail, and outstanding written communication skills to write compelling grant proposals.
About Vine Maple Place
Vine Maple Place (VMP) is located in Maple Valley, a growing and diverse community in South King County, WA. They operate two Family Hope Centers (FHC), each offering 15,000 sq. ft. of community resources for families facing homelessness as they work hard toward safety and stability. Due to the homelessness crisis facing so many families and children everywhere, VMP has expanded to serve more families in need through opening the second FHC in Kent. The staff has grown to over 50, with an operating budget of $5.9 million in fiscal year 2022, serving over 2,900 individuals. Families continue to be successful: 91% of families remain stably housed one year after exiting the program.
Staff at VMP demonstrate a high retention rate and benefit from a strong culture, good benefits, and leadership that invests in their growth and success. Committed to a common Christian faith, they foster an inclusive environment and manage work and life with a flexible approach that includes working both in-person and virtually.
Fund Development Execution (70%)
- Develop and manage a portfolio of foundation, corporate and organizational funders, representing a minimum of $1.2 million in funding
- Lead efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective funders
- Write compelling grant proposals and timely reports
- Manage grant application processes, establishing application and report development schedules, planning and facilitating meetings of relevant staff, and coordinating with finance staff to produce budgets and reporting materials
- Create systems and protocols to track, record and report on grants, proposals, reports and prospects
- Arrange site visits and assure timely, accurate and strategic follow-up with funders and prospective supporters
- Support the ED and Board members, working to engage institutional funders
- Serve as primary point of contact for foundation representatives
- Assist with creation of communications collateral for foundation, corporate and organizational donors
Fund Development Planning (30%)
- Work with the ED and Development Team to develop and periodically refine a fundraising plan that includes revenue goals, objectives and strategies for identifying, cultivating and soliciting grants and sponsorships
- Work in close partnership with the ED and Program leadership to ensure understanding of program directions, opportunities and funding needs
- Develop and maintain good working knowledge and real-time awareness of VMP’s current initiatives and objectives
- Work with the Board and staff to identify and solicit new institutional funders
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the VMP Statement of Faith
- Be passionate about helping families overcome the trauma of homelessness
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate VMP’s mission, goals and programs
- Proven ability to navigate institutional funding relationships and leverage board and volunteer connections
- Experience researching grant funders and qualifying new opportunities
- Successful track record in securing new and renewed grants and sponsorships
- Impeccable writing skills with a demonstrated ability to weave compelling proposals using data, narrative, strategies and outcomes, that elevate program needs and align with funder priorities
- Financial acumen for interpreting and adapting budgets and financial statements to align with funder standards
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly collaborative work style, able to facilitate and empower groups and bring diverse thinking together
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree plus four or more years of fundraising experience with emphasis on foundation, corporate and organizational fundraising through grant writing is required. Master’s degree in a relevant field and certificate in fund development and/or nonprofit management is desired.
- Experience fundraising for social services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and knowledge of databases, preferably GrantHub
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidential donor information
- Sense of humor and flexible demeanor
- Sensitivity to the needs of clients, staff, and volunteers from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
- Maintain an acceptable background check and ability to pass a drug test
Salary, Benefits and Workplace
- Salaried, exempt position
- Salary $68K - $80K, DOE
- 401(k) plan; medical, dental & vision benefits; PTO: vacation, personal time and sick time
- In-person and virtual work required at times
- Minimum 40 hours per week, with some evening and weekend hours
How To Apply
- Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to:Info@VineMaplePlace.org
- Applications must be received by December 5, 2021 at 11:59PM.