Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social change founded on equality & human rights, healthy individuals & communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society’s toughest problems. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
Tides is seeking a part-time contract visual designer who can bring our new brand to life across print and digital mediums. This is an exciting turning point for our visual communications, after the successful launch of our new visual identity and brand strategy in October 2017.
The best candidate for this role understands the dynamic interplay between content and design, and brings a passion for social change, storytelling, and problem solving to their work. We are looking for a thought partner and collaborator that understands how business objectives and social impact goals can inform design, and how design can play a part in compelling people to take action. You’re also keenly aware when something is 3px off center.
This is a 12 month contract position with a 30 day trial period up front. We expect 20-30 hours per month. Compensation will be on an hourly basis to start.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
You’ll be working with our communications, strategic partnerships, and executive teams to create simple, sophisticated and brand-aligned graphics for a variety of digital and print purposes:
- Marketing collateral, including brochures, handouts and swag
- Event signage
- Engaging and persuasive presentations
- Email and social media graphics
- Print and digital advertisements
- Layout design for research reports and workshop materials
- Photographic editing/retouching
- Infographics (desired)
- Illustrations (desired)
You will also work with staff across the organization to upgrade existing presentations, training external-facing staff on presentation design best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of branding as it relates to user experience.
- Must be detail oriented, prioritizing pixel perfection, consistency and usability.
- Strong client-facing communication and project management skills.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication with busy, diverse professionals to fulfill tight deadlines
- An interest in and passion for our vision of a world of shared prosperity and social justice.
- Ability to work well on a team in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality client service and adaptability to evolving client needs
- Possess a strong work ethic and “can do” attitude
- Ability to occasionally work out of Tides’ Presidio-based office in SF desired.
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years in visual design in print and digital formats.
- Presentation design experience (in PowerPoint)
- Portfolio showcasing abilities in graphic design, layout and typography.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and two client references. No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=thetides&jobId=207337&lang=en_US&source=CC3