RAND is seeking a Contract & Grant Administrator to join our Contract Grant & Procurement Services department on the Foundation Team. This team primarily supports RAND’s research agreements sponsored by foundations. As a Contract & Grant Administrator, you will collaborate with RAND leaders and staff across research units and in Development to provide cradle-to-grave contract and grant administration.
You may perform any or all of the following duties:
- Review proposal requirements (e.g., RFP/RFQs and funder guidelines) to ensure RAND’s eligibility to submit proposals for work with a wide array of sponsors, including but not limited to Foundations.
- Collaborate with Development to ensure foundation relations are strongly supported.
- Attend proposal kick-off meetings where you will advise RAND research staff regarding proposal preparation, timelines, and interpretation of funder requirements.
- Coordinate the proposal budget approval process and prepare RAND’s business proposals.
- Package required proposal components and submit to funders.
- Review contract and grant agreements to ensure that the terms and conditions are in accordance with RAND’s policies and mission.
- Develop negotiation strategies and draft mutually acceptable terms and conditions consistent with RAND’s policies and the funder’s objectives.
- Monitor active awards for compliance with funders’ and RAND’s requirements.
- Oversee the preparation of project status reports and submit project financials to funders.
- Maintain and manage accurate electronic files and documentation.
- Serve as a primary liaison to RAND’s internal and external partners on substantial/sensitive contractual/business matters.
- Coordinate the award close-out process.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of various financial and non-financial agreements, and how they influence all aspects of project implementation, administration, and compliance.
- Ability to research, interpret, and communicate requirements to ensure RAND’s rights and obligations are protected.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external partners, remotely and in person.
- Ability to establish strategic and collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to manage a large volume of tasks, and competing priorities in a reliable manner.
- Critical thinker who likes to help create solutions rather than wait for someone else to solve challenges
- Strong communication skills – ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and others.
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple deadlines
- Team player, enjoy working with people at all levels and people enjoy working with you
- High level of attention to detail
- Minimum BA/BS
- Minimum of 6 years related experience
- Experience with Excel and Adobe Acrobat Professional preferred.
- Experience with Workday and/or Salesforce a plus.
- Experience supporting a Development Office or working in a nonprofit organization a plus.
Santa Monica, CA or Pittsburgh, PA or Washington, DC (Hybrid Remote)
Equal Opportunity Employer: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet