Under the immediate supervision of the Director of CES, is responsible for janitorial contract oversight and operations, including staff supervision and coverage. Ensures timely reporting of all operational and documentation; maintains acceptable level of performance according to contract outputs and quality reviews. Monitors contract site budgets; makes recommendations for budgetary requirements. Supports staff in provision of ancillary services (supply ordering, equipment repair and subcontracting scheduling). Performs other similarly related functions as instructed to further provide support to service delivery across the department.
- Hires, supervises, and supports Vocational Trainer positions. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with JCFS policies and procedures and applicable laws. Must be always available by work cell phone.
- Monitors scheduling/completion of contract support services related to supply ordering and subcontracting. Repairs equipment as needed, schedules for vendor repair with Director approval.
- Supervises contract operations and documents within the required timeframes.
- Monitor submission of client and contract-related documentation for timeliness and compliance, specifically but not exclusively related to payroll, quality assurance reports, client evaluation reports and counseling memos, and safety-related materials. Provide feedback and recommendations for improvement where applicable.
- Reviews monthly budget report to ensure operations are within expense allocation; identifies areas for improvement and plan of action. Manage staff Performance Engagement Plan.
- Provide site supervisory coverage where/as needed in Vocational Trainer’s absence.
- Serves as liaison to all site contracting officer’s representative and/or designated point of contact. Meets with regularly to discuss status of operations and address any concerns, as well as identify areas for contract expansion. Provides feedback to assigned Vocational Trainer, alerts Director as necessary.
- Monitors contract operations to ensure all work is being performed in a safe manner in accordance with all contract and applicable laws, including OSHA, as well as JCFS guidelines. Utilizes review of safety-related documentation for this purpose as well as site inspections. Special attention should be paid to equipment/machinery, and application/storage of chemicals. Review Safety Data Sheets and Safety Logbook for maintenance. Train staff as needed.
- Maintains positive relationships with service supporting vendors. Resolve any performance related issues. Ensure invoices and related documentation are submitted in a timely manner. Work to achieve best price for service or product. Stay current with industry-related changes that may impact contract performance/pricing; provide Director with recommendations/suggestions for possible implementation.
- Conduct periodic Quality Assurance inspections of sites. Complete written evaluation of findings; compare findings with Vocational Trainer inspections for inconsistencies and address accordingly. Review all inspections for significant aberrations and/or trends. Provide Director with results during supervision.
- Assist Director as needed related to all contract activity, specifically but not exclusively related to contract renewal, performance, and compliance.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Four (4) years supervisory experience, within the previous decade, in a like setting.
- Red Cross and CPR training preferred.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license, and have reliable transportation to locations that may not be accessible via public transportation in a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, and to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in representing the agency to outside organizations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; to compute rate, ratio, and percentage; and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
New hires would need to be fully vaccinated with 1 or 2 doses and booster and provide their card upon hire OR begin receiving the booster within 2 weeks of being hired and participate in weekly COVID testing until fully vaccinated OR provide documentation for an ADA or religious exemption and participate in weekly COVID testing.
JCFS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. JCFS Chicago provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application. JCFS Chicago is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, Licensed by DCFS
How To Apply
Please visit our career page to apply: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/JEW1002/JobBoard/d02ef047-eef4-417a-8aea-0cba56e6f472/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=486e96b7-43f4-4ef0-992f-71bba14a2950