Position: Content Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. or New York, New York
Status: Exempt; Full Time
Reports to: Digital Director
Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group that exposes corruption in public life and holds government officials and corporate special interests accountable by bringing their misconduct to light. In doing so, we make way for policies that advance the interests of all Americans, not just the rich and powerful. Accountable.US seeks a Content Manager to support its work to root out corruption and malfeasance.
Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the Content Manager will collaborate with communications and research professionals across several issue-based campaigns to produce engaging content for a variety of social media platforms, email, and the web. The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though travel on occasion is possible. During the pandemic, all Accountable.US employees are working remotely. Some weekend work may be required.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with Digital Director to craft and execute overall digital strategy for the organization.
- Understand broad organizational messaging priorities and align to strategic recommendations for organic and paid digital program.
- Assist with the development of digital and social strategies and plans, including contributing to the researching and writing for online campaigns.
- Assist with the project management of the digital program, including organic and paid media projects; manage multiple digital projects and workstreams, including project planning, execution and milestone reporting.
- Develop different content and messaging across platforms and evaluate performance, and make adjustments and recommendations as needed.
- Manage internal creative and vendor relationships to develop innovative projects, drive them to completion and achieve desired results.
- Work with creative department to develop audio, video, and other content for campaign channels.
- Find new ways to use email, social media, broadcast SMS, and other digital tools and measure effectiveness.
- Must possess experience working with internal teams and vendors on web and mobile design and development; and maintaining websites and driving and measuring web traffic.
- Ensure the efficiency and optimization of the digital program through SEO, SEM, and SMO.
- Support Digital Director in managing digital team staff, freelancers, and consultants.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant marketing roles;
- Experience in digital engagement and advocacy;
- The ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences in a digestible, dynamic, and engaging manner;
- Experience using analytics to inform decision-making;
- Experience working with digital tools such as WordPress, TweetDeck, scheduling and social listening tools, analytics platforms, etc.
- Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently;
- Ability to collaborate and work with a cross-functional team throughout the organization to meet goals and achieve results;
- Team player that possesses excellent communications skills and the capacity to adapt, be flexible and nimble; and
- Demonstrates an interest and ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Accountable.US is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Content Manager” in the subject line.