AMERICAN LIVER FOUNDATION
Rocky Mountain Division
Community Events Coordinator
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) is the nation's leading non-profit organization promoting liver health and disease prevention. ALF provides research, education and advocacy for those affected by liver-related diseases, including hepatitis.
Perform a wide-range of administrative and support duties for operations, educational programs, and special events for the division under the direction of the Director.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to the maintenance of the division, such assist with logistics for fundraising for the walk and flavors, programmatic and community events; disseminate educational information and event materials as needed; office errands as needed
- Support Fundraising activities through: developing collateral materials, such as fliers/posters, fundraising materials, invitations etc., auction/raffle solicitation; phone calls; and mailings for fundraisers
- Contribute to the public relations and marketing strategies that support fund-raising activities, including web-based fundraising and all communications
- Responsible for coordinating quarterly division newsletter
- Assistance with maintaining Foundation websites as needed
- Secure volunteers for special events and programs as needed
- Performs other duties as required to meet the needs of the American Liver Foundation
Education, Experience, Related Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent in education, training and experience) required
- Minimum two years of office-related or non-profit experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated and independent action expected within scope of responsibilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with an online fundraising platform and events preferred
Valid Driver’s License and willing to drive a personal car as needed
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends. Must be able and willing to lift and move program and/or event related materials weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to travel the Colorado region including Wyoming and Montana occasionally
- This position will work from the Denver office and from their home as needed
- The coordinator position is part-time: 21 hours a week at $16-18 per hour
- Position to start early September 2018
How To Apply
For more information on ALF, please visit ALF’s website: www.liverfoundation.org
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements by email to: email@example.com
Director Rocky Mountain Division