American Liver Foundation
Community Events Coordinator
Part Time Position
MID AMERICA DIVISION
(Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma)
PRIMARY FUNCTION/PURPOSE: The individual will be responsible for fundraising/mission development and work under the direction of the Field Director to ensure the success of the Division’s strategy to achieve its financial/participant goals. Candidate must be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities include managing fundraising activities, educational outreach programs and providing local support on behalf of ALF. Will oversee all elements of multiple special events and mission related campaigns; engage corporate sponsors and build relationships with company representatives, managing and recruiting participants and volunteers from the community with a focus on engaging healthcare professionals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing and recruitment strategies for participants and volunteers
- Coordinate all logistics in conjunction with the Field Director and National Special Events Manager
- Deliver oral presentations (as needed)
- Implement plans for assigned fundraising events; prepare elements of campaign materials, provide staff support for volunteers, coordinate promotional activities, prepare and/or coordinate and maintain assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed
- Coordinate promotional, marketing and media activities
- Maintenance of appropriate record-keeping
- Monitoring of each event/activity budget
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other division activities
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and management
- Proven track record in meeting participant/fundraising goals
- Highly effective organization, multi-tasking, attention to detail, oral & written communication, negotiation, accountability and interpersonal skills
- Team Player-committed to promoting the growth and success of ALF & the division
- High value on integrity, ALF core values, operate with a sense of urgency and driven by self-motivation
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, social media. Experience with online fundraising platform preferred.
- Ability to interact with diverse audiences
- Must reside in St. Louis and able to work a flexible schedule including nights/weekends when necessary
- Self-motivated and comfortable working from a home office
- All other duties as needed
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree (or equivalent in education, training and experience) required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years successful fundraising experience and new business development
How To Apply
The American Liver Foundation (ALF) will aspire to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of its work and will demonstrate its commitment to and accountability for an inclusive environment in which differences are recognized, respected, valued and celebrated.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jackie Dominquez, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org