Develop communication strategies that increase the visibility and positive image of the Partnership to advance the organization’s mission. Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to implement formal communication efforts to raise external visibility and understanding of the Partnership's programs.
- Create and implement annual strategic communications plan with measurable goals/objectives.
- Engage Partnership program staff to generate compelling content for website, social media, and print use. Ensure content is tailored to and appropriate for the publication platform and target audience.
- Administer Partnership website and social media accounts as required to achieve the goals defined in the strategic communications plan.
- Identify and cultivate media partners, including but not limited to reporters, producers, editors, and community relations staff.
- Increase media coverage of Partnership activities.
- Create printed content incl brochures, templates, flyers, videos, and reports for consistency with communications plan.
- Engage clients with communication messages and methods that support the achievement of program objectives.
- Communicate with diverse audiences across the organization including community members, health care professionals, staff, and donors.
- Support managers and supervisors to best present their programs to the public.
- Attend key Partnership events to secure communications content.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with communications-related requirements of grant programs.
- Responsible for the design of development materials including the annual report and event materials.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the constituent database.
- Responsible for design of materials for professional education events, including save-the-dates, invitations, registrations, and marketing materials.
- Manage logistics for virtual events and educational programs.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in nonprofit communications/public health sector.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, graphics software, video software, website content management systems, e-mail marketing systems, constituent database software, social media platforms, and web analytics.
- Excellent writing, editing, project management, graphic design, photography, and planning skills.
- Significant experience executing client-center articles, social media, video, and printed materials that tell a story.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, diverse professional environment and manage competing priorities.
- Familiarity with public health-related messaging and cultural competency strongly preferred.
- Highly collaborative styles, skilled at relationship and consensus building.
- Strong initiative and follow through with enthusiastic positive attitude.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Chief Development & Communications Officer
Partnership for Maternal & Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Park Place, Suite 700
Newark, NJ 07102