For more than a century, Hadassah, The Women's Zionist Organization of America, Inc. (HWZOA), has provided outstanding and highly innovative medical care; shared its passion for the land, people and future of Israel; and empowered women to take charge of their health and their lives. Every year, our hospitals in Israel treat more than 1 million patients of every race, religion and nationality, and our medical breakthroughs save lives all over the world. In the United States, our wellness initiatives create healthier communities and our advocacy efforts empower women to effect change on a wide range of issues. None of these achievements would be possible without Hadassah’s unique partnership among its highly experienced volunteer leaders and staff; more than 300,000 dedicated members, Associates, donors and supporters; and an outstanding professional team.
To improve the efficiency of the Marketing & Communications Division, supporting the division director and with a primary focus on media and public relations coordination and administrative tasks, this position will facilitate the flow of information internally and externally, including tasks such as administrative duties, website press room updates, management of Cision reports and monitoring all media relations emails and digital activity.
Media and Public Relations Duties and Responsibilities
This position will dedicate approximately 75 percent of its time to these duties and will report to the Director of Media & Public Relations on all these activities:
• Creates and updates all Cision media lists
• Distributes media releases on all traditional and digital platforms as required (PR Newswire / Cision, for example)
• Contributes to the division submission for National Assembly and Presidents packets; as needed, distributes individual media coverage and/or links to media coverage to leadership and other stakeholders on urgent items that may arise at other times
• Maintains magazine and publication editorial calendar for special issues (philanthropy, Israel, health and medicine, etc.)
• Works in Basecamp and with the web team to update website and Press Room weekly by posting Hadassah and HMO news clips; handles “urgent” or “crisis” postings as needed
• Maintains regular contact with active regions/chapters as needed on events and news and assists in collecting member stories on various Hadassah initiatives
• Provides support for submission of Media & Public Relations Department reports for Executive Committee, Assembly meetings and other leadership meetings, as needed
• Provides support and follow-up for member content creation on the Thrive Global online platform; sets up Thrive Global dashboards.
• Tracks department budget
• Assembles weekly status report of all Media & Public Relations Department activities / pitches / progress for various meetings
• Monitors and assists with Basecamp project management activities, i.e., postings, updates, etc.
• Provides support and follow-up for member and staff media training sessions
Division Administrative Responsibilities
For these duties, the position reports directly to the division director and will dedicate approximately 25 percent of its time to providing administrative support to division director on a range of activities, including carrying out these functions with minimal supervision:
• Writes meeting notes and takes responsibility for necessary follow-up
• Prepares reports for committee meetings, including the creation of PPTs [PowerPoints] or other kinds of presentations
• Undertakes initial research on new projects
• Coordinates invoice approvals with divisions and payments with Finance department
• If necessary, handles email correspondence; travel and lodging arrangements, including event registrations; proof-reading
• Schedules meetings and arranges for meetings/conference calls or Zoom
• Provides administrative support as needed including copying, collating, distributing materials, ordering supplies, scanning and sending documents
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related degree
• Minimum 5-7 years of communications experience
• Demonstrated administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Computer literacy in varied software packages, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint. Knowledge of Basecamp and Cision are assets, but not essential.
• Knowledge of administrative practices
• Proven communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated skill with written and digital communications
• Experience working in media relations
• Ability to juggle multiple concurrent deadlines and assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Exercise sound judgment and take initiative in both routine and non-routine situations
• Ability to work independently while reporting to two supervisors on the projects outlined above for each