Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grant making, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit www.tides.org
Provide event, social media, and public relations expertise to increase Tides’ brand awareness and spread the word about Tides’ VMA. Supports comprehensive external communications strategy working across multiple distribution channels to share inspiring stories of Tides work. Rigorously assess the impact of communications efforts to inform better decision making and drive engaging outreach campaigns. Ensure alignment and integration of branding across Tides’ outreach channels, both in-person and digital.
The ideal candidate has:
● Talent, creativity, and professional experience needed to inform, connect, and inspire audiences with a storytelling approach
● Proven communications and trust-based relationship skills to create compelling messaging and narratives, leveraging data and facts,
● Desire to champion Tides Vision, Mission, and Approach (VMA) and build commitment,
● Initiative and skills needed to execute integrated communications campaigns that leverage assets from across the organization
● Commitment to Tides Strategic Path goals and activities and to their implementation and success,
The ideal candidate can:
Event & Outreach Coordination
● Work with event leads to coordinate and execute Tides-hosted events and annual schedule.
● Facilitate event production:
○ Enforce event guidelines
○ Work with the event sponsor to draft a run of show/program schedule for events
○ Provide relevant resources such as event planners, venue options, catering services, photographers and so on.
● Develop and implement communication plans for attendees, including managing invitations, attendee tracking, and post-event follow-up and surveys.
● Source and manage attendee contacts through Salesforce CRM and other event platforms where necessary (HubSpot, Eventbrite, etc…).
● Create and maintain an event expense tracking and budgeting system.
● Help publicize events appropriately, including: managing invitations, and promotion through our website, social media, and community listservs.
● Take the lead in coordination and final delivery of event collateral and promotional material.
● Map out and coordinate outreach activities using project management tools such as Airtable
● Co-develop PowerPoint presentations for panels, pitches and presentations;
● Coordinate Tides’ sponsorship, proposals, and participation in local and national conferences
Social Media & Public Relations
● Compose regular FB, Twitter, and LinkedIn posts highlighting current events and amplifying the work of our projects and network
● Track social media analytics for better outreach planning
● Expand Tides’ reach and amplify the work and impact of our partners to generate deeper engagement.
● Support media and public relations efforts, including events and other outreach
● Help with crisis communications plan updates and communications-related coordination and media and PR support to protect Tides brand and reputation
● Help write and distribute press releases
● Help with media monitoring and media hit lists
● Daily media scans for relevant articles/pieces and share with appropriate staff
● Conduct targeted media scans during brewing or ongoing crises
Metrics & Learning
● Develop and implement a metrics system to create continuous learning and feedback loops to inform future out research decisions
● Analyze marketing data across several platforms, sharing learnings and recommendations for improvement with key stakeholders across the organization.
● Produce regular analytics reports on outreach activities across in-person and digital channels
● A strong understanding and alignment with Tides Vision, Mission and Approach.
● Ability to work effectively with people from different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
● B.A./B.S. or higher degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or equivalent experience.
● 1-3 years of relevant and applicable work
● Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build trust and rapport with internal stakeholders.
● Production and event management experience.
● Social media experience
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
● Experience in nonprofit communications
● Excellent, proactive team player.
● A strong work ethic and sense of humor.
● Superb listening, writing, and presentation skills.
● Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
● Experience with WordPress or other website content management system.
● Experience with Marketing Automation Software (like Hubspot) a plus
● Experience with HTML a plus
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.