United Hospital Fund https://uhfnyc.org/about/careers/
United Hospital Fund, whose mission is to build a more effective health care system for every New Yorker, is looking for a communications assistant with strong communications skills (verbal and written) and great interpersonal skills. The communications assistant will provide support to the Senior Vice President for Communications and Development and overall support to the Communications Department, including managing daily operations and assisting with internal and external communications, special events, fundraising, and donor relations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President for Communications and Development by maintaining Outlook calendar (scheduling and coordinating meetings), preparing spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations, opening/organizing mail, preparing correspondence and mass mailings, and following up with staff on assignments administered by the SVP for Communications and Development.
2. Provide support to the Director of Communications and Director of Public Information, including assistance with social media, website content and updates, editorial content, media and photo research, press releases, and maintenance and development of media and constituency lists through the Raiser’s Edge database.
3. Support the Communications Department by fulfilling information requests, maintaining records, ordering supplies, managing department expenses by assisting with purchases and handling expense reports, tracking and reporting on media placements, assisting with annual budget preparation, and assisting with internal communications activities including special projects and events.
4. Assist SVP and Assistant to the President with board recruitment material preparation, including research and tracking. Collaborate with administrative and program staff on special projects and routine assignments as needed.
5. Provide support to the Development Department on donor and prospective donor research and stewardship activities; provide support to Development Associate with donor solicitations as needed; work on-site at the annual Gala, which occurs outside normal working hours, and other external events several times during the year.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
1. Bachelor’s degree with preferably one or two years of administrative experience in a communications/public affairs environment (internships and on-campus employment qualify);
Knowledge and Ability:
1. Strong communications skills (verbal and written).
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, with an interest in being part of a committed team of professionals, and interest in nonprofit organizations and health care policy.
3. Strong administrative skills with knowledge of correspondence and document preparation.
4. Excellent proofreading skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
5. Superior PC skills, including MS Office Suite, Outlook, and Excel.
6. Website and social media skills are strongly preferred.
7. Graphics, photography skills, and experience using Raiser’s Edge are a plus.
United Hospital Fund offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience combined with generous benefits, including health, dental, voluntary vision, life, and disability insurance; a tax-deferred annuity savings plan; paid time off; a commuting subsidy; collegial environment.
• Cover Letter
Please refrain from emailing and/or calling staff at UHF. All applicants must apply through our career center to be considered.
United Hospital Fund is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
How To Apply
Applicants can apply for the Communications Assistant position by visiting our career page https://uhfnyc.org/about/careers/