The Akanksha Education Fund is seeking a Communications and Operations Manager to develop and implement our digital and communications strategy. They will be part of the staff and focus on all communications aimed at building, engaging and fundraising from donors in the US. They will also lead our daily operations around finances and donor management systems.
- Developing and implementing an annual, cohesive communications strategy & calendar
- Creating compelling newsletters and effective email campaigns to update and inspire Akanksha donors
- Coordinating and supporting Akanksha's Board and Committees as needed
- Supporting relationship building with Akanksha supporters
- Managing Akanksha's presence on social media platforms and share relevant updates (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube)
- Maintaining our website and creating webpages as needed
- Data transfer and generating reports in our donor database
- Supporting financial tracking and donor acknowledgments
- Organizing virtual and in-person events for Akanksha supporters and managing event logistics
- Work closely with the accountants to input the income in our database on a regular basis; own and manage the income dashboard for quarterly Board meetings.
We are looking to hire a candidate who will join the team and help Akanksha grow over a 2-3 year period. This position offers an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working with an international NGO. As part of a small team, you will have the opportunity to learn a variety of skills such as fundraising, donor relations, and organizational development. The position also offers plenty of opportunities to interact and work directly with the Board. Your work will also be making an incredible impact on thousands of underserved students in India.
- 3-4 years of work experience in the nonprofit sector
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to inspire others into action
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly
- A strong passion for non-profits and children’s education
- Experience managing social media platforms and email campaigns
- Proficiency with donor management systems, Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Zoom
- WordPress experience is a plus
About the Akanksha Education Fund (US)
Established over 23 years ago, Akanksha Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) publicly supported not-for-profit organization in the U.S. that supports initiatives to improve access to high quality education for disadvantaged children in India. Akanksha leverages the generous donations of individuals, foundations and corporations in the US who see education as the key factor in ending the cycle of poverty and promoting healthy democracies. The Fund makes grants to the Akanksha Foundation in India which runs 21 schools to carry out our mission.
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org