Communications and Marketing Associate (Remote)Communications and Marketing Associate (Remote) https://www.foundationlist.org/wp-content/themes/fildisi/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Ecociv https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/b0155df18ff9414b9f9861d8e0644594?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Who We Are: The Institute for Ecological Civilization (EcoCiv.org), an international nonprofit (501(c)3) focused on catalyzing long-term structural change for the wellbeing of people and the planet, seeks to hire a new team member to lead organization and project communication and marketing strategies. This is a 15- to 20-hour a week, part-time, non-exempt remote position reporting to the Managing Director and members of EcoCiv’s Leadership Team.
EcoCiv currently leads major international projects in the areas of water, wellbeing economics, community building, and global dialogues. We work with allies and global leaders to design solutions for the well-being of people and the planet. By convening experts from across the major sectors of society and conducting key research, we have been able to catalyze groundbreaking explorations of the ways that current systems and structures need to be transformed, such as in urban water security, and to support implementation, including wellbeing-focused policy design in Southern California.
Who You Are: The successful candidate will aid in our mission by leading strategic communications and marketing plans across the organization and across technical platforms, allowing us to continue advancing civilizational change. The person in this role will manage all aspects of communications for the non-profit, including:
- leading the development and implementation of a strategic communications and marketing strategy focused in environmental and nonprofit communications best practices;
- managing external communications, including writing press releases, copywriting and disseminating to appropriate media or partner outlets as well as maintaining media partner lists;
- managing a vital component of a rapidly growing non-profit with many moving pieces and possibly managing interns or other staff directly;
- collaborating with development and project personnel for fundraising campaign communications, social media strategy, and email marketing appeals to assist in expanding our message and growing our donor database; and
- managing all technical communications aspects, such as
- website updates and postings;
- social media updates and postings, along with content strategy development, improving platform engagement, content creation, and copywriting and image selection;
- regular writing and disseminating monthly newsletters and other development or project-oriented email communications, including content creation, design, organizing, and maintaining email lists; and
- website and email analytics tracking;
We seek a candidate with the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field;
- Experience in growing social media followers (and engagement) and newsletter lists with conversions to donors, event attendees, or in some cases, sales;
- Strong and demonstrated writing ability;
- Ability to translate complicated and abstract environmental and social justice concepts into “layman’s terms”;
- Strong and demonstrated verbal communications ability;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct brainstorming and then to grow into implementing new and creative communications strategies without much oversight;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to grow into managing people and assigning tasks;
- Demonstrated ability to grow into overseeing multiple communication streams at once, working with project leads across the organization;
- (At least a) basic understanding and use of WordPress and/or the Elementor page builder;
- Basic graphic design ability (Adobe CC or Canva);
- Strong and demonstrated computer/technology skills;
- Strong time management and self-motivation; and
- Able to work remotely.
Additional desired skills:
- Strong graphic design ability,
- Previous non-profit experience, and
- Previous environmental- or social justice-related organization experience.
How To Apply
How to apply or for questions: Send a cover letter detailing your qualifications, resume, a writing sample (newsletter, appeal email/letter, blog, or website post), and 2-3 professional references via email to Jessica Mardock, Director of Finance and Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.