Parent Possible equips parents with the tools and information to be their child’s most valuable teacher, trainer and mentor in life. We promote and oversee delivery of three proven parent engagement programs, providing access and support, ensuring efficacy and impact, advocating, and collaborating with partners across the state.
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is an evidence-based early childhood home visiting model that builds strong communities, thriving families, and children who are healthy, safe, and ready to learn. Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) is an evidence-based home visiting program that helps parents prepare their 2- to 5-year-old children for success in school and throughout life. Vroom is a parent empowerment program that encourages parents to take advantage of everyday moments to engage with their children in brain building activities. Visit our website to learn more about our work with these programs.
Parent Possible is seeking a bilingual Communications and Community Engagement Manager. The manager’s primary responsibilities will include supporting Parent Possible’s communication initiatives (social media, community engagement, marketing) and overseeing Vroom events to engage communities of parents and potential partners statewide.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify high-reaching community events to share Vroom with large numbers of families
- For events not hosted by Parent Possible – work with hosts to coordinate, staff, and execute a Vroom table where attendees can learn about our programs
- For events hosted by Parent Possible – manage all aspects of the event (planning, event promotion, engagement with co-hosts and local partners, and execution)
- Travel to events to transport materials, ensure success, interact with attendees and share about Vroom in English and Spanish, and identify improvements for future events
- Capture event success through photos/videos for marketing and engagement purposes, and oversee event evaluation components
- Recruit, train, communicate with, and manage the Vroom Volunteer Network – a statewide group of Vroom advocates who share Vroom through community events and initiatives
Engagement and Support
- Deliver trainings and presentations in person and virtually in English, Spanish, or bilingually, as requested by partners, to help them learn about Vroom and consider how they might utilize Vroom
- Collect videos, stories, and testimonials from Vroom partners to highlight exciting partnerships
- Represent Parent Possible and present about Vroom at conferences, luncheons, and other events
- Help the Vroom Partner Manager identify Vroom Ambassadors to support local activation efforts
- Develop and implement a communications strategy for Parent Possible
- Manage social media channels and generate innovative content
- Collaborate with staff to develop, translate, and disseminate communications (e.g., social media, newsletters, website)
- Measure and adjust communications based on engagement and outcomes
- Collect parent and partner testimonials
- Translate communications content into Spanish
- Run paid targeted marketing to increase engagement in Parent Possible programs
- Support program partners in implementing innovative social media strategies
- Collaborate with staff to maintain and update Parent Possible website content
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required
- Able and willing to travel within Colorado up to 25% of the time, occasionally requiring short overnight stays, often on weekends
- Excellent public speaker/presenter and communicator
- Experience managing multiple social media platforms or at least 2 years experience with communications and online campaigns
- Event and project management experience is a plus
- Proven ability to effectively manage multi-faceted projects
- Proven ability to effectively communicate in a timely manner and variety of formats
- Proven ability to establish and maintain relationships with co-workers and a wide array of external stakeholders
- Highly motivated, creative, and energetic
- Passionate about the core work of Parent Possible and Vroom
Other Position Information
- Starting salary range is $48,000 - $52,000, commensurate with experience.
- This is a salaried, full-time position with an excellent benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, and IRA with 3% employer match from date of hire. Parent Possible also offers paid time off and paid parental leave, summer hours with paid alternating Fridays off June-August, and a paid holiday office closure from December 24th to January 1st.
- Parent Possible is committed to professional development for all staff, including a dedicated professional development budget for each staff member and regular opportunities for training and coaching.
- Parent Possible is a hybrid work environment, with staff working predominately remotely. Generally, there are 1-2 required days per month in the office for staff meetings, staff retreats, or other critical team-based work. All staff are awarded a remote work stipend on hire to support the setup of their home office.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. Finalists for the position will be asked to complete a brief performance-related task. All Parent Possible employees must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination.