The Co-Managing Director, based in Rockville Centre, NY, is responsible for the operations and financial management of Hadassah Metro in accordance with National Hadassah policies. Hadassah Metro encompasses 8 Regions: Nassau, Suffolk, Brooklyn, Westchester, New York, Northern New Jersey, Lower New York State and Connecticut.
The Co-Managing Director, Finance & Operations, works alongside the Co-Managing Director, Engagement and Outreach who is responsible for member and donor engagement and outreach. Together, they oversee the Metro staff team who work alongside our volunteers to achieve the goals for their Regions built upon Hadassah’s organizational priorities and mission.
- Oversee the efficient day-to-day operations and infrastructure of the Metro offices located in Brooklyn, New York, Northern New Jersey and Rockville Centre.
- Achieve financial objectives by ensuring compliance with National requirements and internal controls.
- Oversee centralized banking process in Metro Geographic Area with support from the Finance Manager and Finance Assistant.
- Collaborate with the Region Presidents and Treasurers to prepare regular trainings, to support volunteer chapter treasurers and continue to educate them about the centralized banking process.
- Oversee annual planning budget and reports in collaboration with Co-Managing Director, Engagement and Outreach and Region Treasurers.
- Review scheduled expenditures while monitoring costs, banking and Region/chapter/group operations.
- Prepare the annual financial report for consolidated Regions and Chapters and assist volunteers of units that have not yet centralized. This includes working with chapters/groups to prepare reports and consolidating reports for the National Office.
- Provide ongoing training of processes and procedures as well as a transference of knowledge to office staff. Maintain continuous and productive communication with the virtual team to ensure smooth daily business operations.
- Ensure best practices, policies and procedures for financial accounting are followed.
- Monitor regions’ progress towards annual fundraising goals; works with region officers to ensure that annual fundraising goals are met.
- Supervise Finance Manager and Finance Assistant.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Education and Experience
- BA degree with 6 – 8 years of management experience; some nonprofit and financial management preferred
- Proven success at recruiting, training and developing professional staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- High level of confidentiality
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; QuickBooks Online
- Database proficiency
- Detail oriented, organized and proactive
How To Apply
Apply for Co-Managing Director, Finance & Operations using the link below: