Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Care Coordination Services Consultant provides intensive and professional case management services to youth utilizing a strength based and comprehensive model. This position also links children and families to resources and supports, monitors the services, actively advocates for children and families, and assists them in navigating through various systems of care.
Provides case management services for Care Coordination Services.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community resources, including medical, mental health, and substance abuse professionals, child welfare personnel, Juvenile Justice personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives.
- Provides assessment to determine program eligibility, problem areas and areas of strength.
- Maintains current knowledge of available formal services, resources, and supports in the local community. Identifies needed services and links youth to services. Identifies informal supports and assists youth and family members to access these supports.
- Monitors linked services, resources and supports in order to ensure quality of care.
- Acts as a youth and family advocate and empowers youth and family members to advocate for themselves in the community. Assists youth and family members in navigating through various systems; educates youth and family members about the systems in order to build their understanding, supports permanency planning and outcomes. Provides support in the development and utilization of functional skills to youth and family members.
- Develops, monitors, and reviews service plans and develops subsequent service plans as needed to facilitate progress.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with youth and family members per program requirements, and remains available to youth and family members 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Creates and manages discharge planning as needed with a focus on Safety, Permanency and Well-being including step down placements, reunification, adoption, or transition (independent living) plans, and coordination of community resources.
- Meets with youth and family members at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized.
Completes administrative functions for Care Coordination Services.
- Prepares and submits reports concerning case load status, budget requests, changes in service plans, and any unusual incidents that occur in the operation of the program.
- Reports any critical incidents involving youth, family members, or staff according to standard reporting guidelines.
- Prepares proper documentation including case notes, assessments, service plans, outcome measures, narratives, and reports in a timely manner as defined by the program. Ensures compliance with all contractual, regulatory, program, and accrediting body standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services required.
- 1+ years of SED experience including working with children and families required. Experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town programs is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
- This position is available rotationally to provide crisis response and must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
How To Apply
To learn more about Boys Town and to apply go to: https://jobs.boystown.org